Lock placed objects so you don't accidentally pick them up all the time?

BrainSlugs83

I'm trying to build houses and stuff in my settlements, but decorating the inside is really hard because when you try to navigate into a build menu category, it usually picks up the house you're inside of instead...

Is there a mod that lets you lock things in place so you can't accidentally pick them up in the build menu? -- Because it's super frustrating to have to walk outside constantly to build something, and then walk inside to place it, over and over.

Edited by BrainSlugs83

Hi, the closest thing i know of that you're asking for is a mod called OCDecorator. It allows you to input junk from your pipboy menu into a machine (albeit one item at a time) into the OCD machine. It then spits the item out on the table next to the machine and you can place it using either the settlement menu or using just the activate button by holding it to pickup the object. Once the object is placed it will not be movable again outside of the workshop or activate functions. I know this isn't exactly what you asked for but OCDecorator is a very handy program to add "Clutter" to a settlement building. There is another mod called Dino shelf which makes all new shelves for the settlement menu that adds snap points and piles of pre-made snappable things to place in and on top of the shelves. Saves a lot of time and adds a nice amount of "clutter" to a room very quickly with very little hassle.

Until a solution is found, perhaps you could circumvent some of those issues by console-disabling the object you don't want to interact with (save first ;p)? Do be very careful with anything attached to that object though.