Oblivion runs fine until I load/quickload a save

eclipsezero

As per title. It's modded using Mod Organizer and running Wrye Bash/OBMM via MO as needed.

Everything else is seemingly fine, but whenever I quickload/load while playing the game...EVERYTHING SLOWS THE FK DOWN.

Like.

WHOA.

I am completely stumped as to what can cause something like this.

• Oblivion.esm
  • All Natural Base.esm
  • Oscuro's_Oblivion_Overhaul.esm
  • RealisticLeveling.esm
  • Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp
  • UOP Vampire Aging & Face Fix.esp
  • Oblivion Citadel Door Fix.esp
  • DLCShiveringIsles.esp
  • Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch.esp
  • All Natural.esp
  • All Natural - SI.esp
  • All Natural - Real Lights.esp
  • WindowLightingSystem.esp
  • DialogTweaks.esp
  • More Effective Enchantments.esp
  • DarNifiedUI Config Addon.esp
  • DynamicMusicSystem.esp
  • OblivionReloaded.esp
  • OblivionReloadedArenaCombat.esp
  • QZ Easy Menus.esp
  • Dynamic Map.esp
  • Map Marker Overhaul.esp
  • Map Marker Overhaul - SI additions.esp
  • DLCHorseArmor.esp
  • DLCHorseArmor - Unofficial Patch.esp
  • DLCOrrery.esp
  • DLCOrrery - Unofficial Patch.esp
  • DLCVileLair.esp
  • DLCVileLair - Unofficial Patch.esp
  • Lair_MOBS.esp
  • VileLair_MOBS.esp
  • DLCMehrunesRazor.esp
  • DLCMehrunesRazor - Unofficial Patch.esp
  • Mehrunes_MOBS.esp
  • DLCSpellTomes.esp
  • DLCSpellTomes - Unofficial Patch.esp
  • DLCThievesDen.esp
  • DLCThievesDen - Unofficial Patch.esp
  • DLCThievesDen - Unofficial Patch - SSSB.esp
  • ThievesDen_MOBS.esp
  • Oscuro's_Oblivion_Overhaul.esp
  • More Effective Enchantments OOO.esp
  • OMOBS_SI.esp
  • OMOBS Optional Combat Settings.esp
  • OOOEquipmentAddon.esp
  • Basement_chorrolhouse.esp
  • Better Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary.esp
  • BrotherhoodRenewed.esp
  • Fighters Guild Quests.esp
  • Mages Guild Quests.esp
  • DLCFrostcrag.esp
  • DLCFrostcrag - Unofficial Patch.esp
  • Knights.esp
  • Knights - Unofficial Patch.esp
  • Knights_MOBS.esp
  • More Effective Enchantments Knights.esp
  • Oscuro's_Oblivion_Overhaul - Knights of Nine.esp
  • MannimarcoRevisited.esp
  • MannimarcoRevisitedOOO.esp
  • ExpandedGreetings.esp
  • GMArcheryRebalance.esp
  • GuildAdvancement.esp
  • Enhanced Vegetation [110%].esp
  • VanillaCombatEnhanced.esp
  • VCEClassOverhaul.esp
  • Alternative Beginnings.esp
  • SupremeMagicka.esp
  • SM_ShiveringIsles.esp
  • SM_DLCSpellTome.esp
  • SM_OOO.esp
  • SM_EnchantStaff.esp
  • SM_Scrolls.esp
  • SM_SigilStone.esp
  • Enhanced Grabbing.esp
  • MOBSification of MODS.esp
  • Oblivion_Character_Overhaul.esp
  • OOOShiveringIsles.esp
  • OOOSI-Map MarkerOverhaul SI-patch.esp
  • All Natural - Indoor Weather Filter For Mods.esp
  • Bashed Patch, 0.esp
  • Maskar's Oblivion Overhaul.esp

^Load order.

Any ideas as to where I should start? ^^;

Actually...seems like its worse.

It runs fine for a bit of time...and then slows down exponentially.

This is confusing. I am not sure what I added that could cause this. Already removed UL and RAEVWD(Except for core) and ShadeMe.

Why would it run fine for a minor amount of time, and then get slow as s#*!? I also have OSR installed, so that should be helping with stuff like this...

Never use quicksave ... it's a known corrupter of save games. See Forli's post in this thread.

Another possibility is the A-Bomb stuck animation bug, easily repaired using Wrye Bash (Saves tab right click menu -> Repair A-Bomb).

Never use quicksave ... it's a known corrupter of save games. See Forli's post in this thread.

Another possibility is the A-Bomb stuck animation bug, easily repaired using Wrye Bash (Saves tab right click menu -> Repair A-Bomb).

Oh dear, this is embarrasing. Um, I forgot to mention, I am talking about an entirely *new game* here.

Sorry ^^; So it's definitely not A-Bomb...something else.

Talking about game performance here. Runs well for a bit of time and then Sloblivion happens. AFAI can tell it's not my system...actually, maybe that might be it.

BRB gonna try vanilla Oblivion for a sec since MO allows me to do that.

Ok, I am completely stumped here. Tried running Vanilla from MO, outside MO...tried removing INI's from the Oblivion folder in My Documents, tried turning off HDR/bloom/antialiasing, tried running with just Unofficial Patches installed...

and all I get is a bloody gray screen in vanilla. I can see the HUD, and NOTHING ELSE. WHAT, WHATS HAPPENING HERE, I DON'T UNDERSTAND.

YOU KNOW WHATS WORSE?
I CAN SEE EVERYTHING IN MY MODDED GAME
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Its all gone so wrong and I don't understand anything ;____;

on the other hand, im certain its not my system because everything else is running just fine.

So lost. Don't know where to begin.

EDIT:
Solved with this: http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/20348/? and due to a helpful denizen of the Nexus chat pointing me towards it!

Didn't even have a shaders folder originally. WOnder if I am missing anything else that should be there...

WELL ANYWAYS, ONWARDS TO FURTHER TROUBLESHOOTANG!

Edited by eclipsezero

So....got my laptop cleaned, now 100% certain it ain't my laptop.

Oh wait, that's not it.

I fixed this s***.

Aaaaaand

THE CULPRIT WAAAAAAS

My music mods. And OBSE plugins. Dynamic Music System and the accompanying OBSE plugins. Specifically though, I am guessing I just didn't install them right, Trifle apparently required some adjusting for those to work alongside it??? IDK, I get a bit lost on this stuff.

So I believe it did still end up being my current ineptitude lol, just not where I expected it. Its cool tho, I can live without em.

Ran Oblivion for more than an hour with minor slowdowns(but the normal kind for my system, not like before) and zero crashes and everything. Enemies were normally bashing my skull in, things were happening normally, and....

Well s*** what now

Do I like

PLAY Oblivion?

God this is surreal, I have tried this on and off for like 3 years now. Never reached a playable state till now.

I could even mod Skyrim now.

...But man, its like

What meaning is there to my life ;___;

But yeah aside from my dumb exaggerated attempt at humor there, I believe I have fixed the most pressing of things. Not sure there's anything left. There's this shadow pop in thing that happens with trees, but I don't think its anything major and I could learn to live with it so yeah.

Thanks for all the help! Will update if anything does end up happening >3>

Edited by eclipsezero

Solved with this: http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/20348/? and due to a helpful denizen of the Nexus chat pointing me towards it!

Happy to help, just happened to be there in the chatroom at that time. Great place to dispose of time when too lazy to do anything useful. :tongue:

Have you tried using just Enhanced Music and Control 2 with Oblivion Reloaded, and see if you could make your game work without Trifle? OR has first person player shadows (if you use the camera mode, I think), and EMC2 should help you adjust the musical aspects of the game. Horse corpse collision will not be there, though, without Trifle. You could also disable everything other than horse corpse collision in Trifle and test.

With Dynamic Music System I assume you mean the one by forli. If so, did you install all the prerequisites, such as EMC2 and Runtime Editor IDs? And if you use Runtime Editor IDs, you need to toggle off the editor ID hooking options in MessageLogger if you use it (according to some readme or something, cannot remember).

Edited by Contrathetix

Mod conflicts (and discovering mod conflicts) is just a normal state of affairs when modding. He he ... it is easy to lose sight of the fact that the whole reason behind the exercise is to play the game (i.e. modding the game becomes the game we play).

I use Trifle, but not in conjunction with any other music control type mod, and I have all other Trifle features turned off in the INI. I changed the distance before the battle music starts so I don't get that huge prewarning an enemy has me spotted, which in itself makes certain that Trifle has a permanent spot in the OBSE\Plugins folder.

Sounds to me like you may just need to save all Tamriel or something (well at least until you find another mod to add to the mix).