stealth backstab/ throat cut

Evilllamas

Hi

I play a stealth character, and love the `daggers do 15x damage in sneak` perk... lead to a whole new game of `dagger hunting` (trying to kill elk with a dagger)

when killing humanoids though, sometimes my guy will do a truly awesome throat slitting finisher... either in 1st or 3rd person, other times, he simply shouts and does a power atack, even though either type usually results in a one hit kill, is there a way to ensure he does a throat slit, or visa versa?

or is it just a finishing move?

Thanks

I'd very much like to know/manipulate this. I think we can leave it to modders anyways. On a side note; wait till you get gloves that double backstab bonus. That 30x multiplier is so satisfying to see on top of your screen.

Which glove is this and how to get it?

I'd very much like to know/manipulate this. I think we can leave it to modders anyways. On a side note; wait till you get gloves that double backstab bonus. That 30x multiplier is so satisfying to see on top of your screen.

Which glove is this and how to get it?

Dark Brotherhood quest. There are two, armor gloves 'double backstab attack' and cloth fingerless gloves 'double sneak attack with 1hand weapon'

I experimented a bit with this, and I don't think it's random. Getting a successful stealth kill seems to depend on whether your attack can do enough damage to instantly kill the intended victim. That said, I've never managed to get a stealth kill by doing a power attack, so it's likely that this is based off of the damage of your basic attacks. If that is not enough to instantly kill the target, you won't get a stealth kill.

These are merely my observations though, so if anyone knows better, feel free to correct me.

BTW, what is a backstab? Is it just an attack from behind?

Cause I've only ever slashed (not counting finishers)

I would love if there were an actual backstab, like the finishing move 'front stab', where you stab them in the gut. The throat slice looks cool, but after so many times I want some variety in the stealth finishers :S

Edited by DeadxPixels