Oblivion level of modding?

whitescar911

I read somewhere on this site way back when details of skyrim were first released about there maybe being an issue with modding skyrim because of bethesda using a different engine for the game or something along those lines. I am a person that LOVES adding mods to my games, which is why i liked oblivion so much and this site and why i got bored of dragon age. Anyone know if skyrim will be as good as oblivion for modding? will there be as many?

Trust me, with all the attention Skyrim has from modders for being the big new Elder Scrolls game, and since Bethesda has learned from Oblivion and made such great lengths to make Skyrim so easy to mod, you will have no problem making/finding mods once the CS is released.

You can still find remnants of Oblivion and Fallout in Skyrim, if my friend isn't just spewing lies into my head. The engine is probably not too distinct from Obivion's, I doubt there will be such problems. I'll be shocked if Oblivion mods just can't be converted (with some effort of course) over to Skyrim.

Their "New" engine is really just built over the same old Gamebryo engine. They overhauled the lighting and particle rendering, added a new shader system and refined some of the game code. There's still plenty of gamebryo in the actual code though. Edited by nouserhere

You can still find remnants of Oblivion and Fallout in Skyrim, if my friend isn't just spewing lies into my head.

Your friend speaks the truth, I've felt like I'm playing Oblivion/Fallout on several occasions.

Their "New" engine is really just built over the same old Gamebryo engine. They overhauled the lighting and particle rendering, added a new shader system and refined some of the game code. There's still plenty of gamebryo in the actual code though.

Indeed, which as we all know, is exactly what we want. New, beautiful graphics, while at the same time being compatible with old mods.