Can't absorb dragon's soul?

HaloHunter72

I just ran into this today. I'm not sure if it's a bug or intentional (I've never killed this dragon before, it's an area I've never been to). I headed toward the Atronach stone and killed the dragon near it. I was able to loot it just fine, but I'm not absorbing the soul.

Anyone else have this problem? I've tried loading/reloading and fast traveling back and forth, still no go.

Edited by HaloHunter72

im guessing he did not, and as for your problem is it a named dragon or just a regular dragon?

It wasn't a named dragon, just "Frost Dragon". Of the 20+ that I've killed, this is the first time it's happened.

Oh sorry, I read another post about unlocking the shouts and I though I was responding to that.

Ah, no problem.

I've have this happen once. It's just a glitch. Sadly the game is very buggy. I've had someone who died in a quest start randomly move around a mine location I was at, while being stuck in the ground.

See here

Edited by SHIROryuu

I've had this problem as well. The dragon dies, I looted the Scales and Bones, dumped them on to Lydia (my "storage chest, with feet, and a sword"), but the dragon just lay there, no skin burning or soul sucking occured.

Hopefully it's just a bug. I find the Dragons in Skyrim are like the Oblivion Gates in Oblivion. Always more to kill.

I've had this problem as well. The dragon dies, I looted the Scales and Bones, dumped them on to Lydia (my "storage chest, with feet, and a sword"), but the dragon just lay there, no skin burning or soul sucking occured.

Hopefully it's just a bug. I find the Dragons in Skyrim are like the Oblivion Gates in Oblivion. Always more to kill.

lol Lydia died on me when we went to see the graybeard but she never came back alive