Fix bugs with marrying certain people such as Darkeethus

Blan21

Apparently there is a bug with certain individuals such as Darkeethus where if you marry them they will 1. Walk out on the marriage (broke my heart) and 2. Refuse to live with you. I only know of Darkeethus for sure but I am told there are others.

So could anyone figure out if there is a way to fix this and to make them live with you?

Would you please STFU and just leave?

I don't get why People start arguing whether or not something should be fixed!

It's a Bug and Bugs should be fixed, end of Line!

Since there actually are People who DO like to marry Darky, and we don't care about your Opinion if you don't want to, as well as you shouldn't bother whether or not there will be a Fix. Don't want to marry him? Fine, so just move along please. But we are desperately in Need of a Fix for the Darkeethus-Marry-Bug.

And on a Side note, it's a Guy.

Edited by Flamey

Well maybe, but I on the other Hand am pretty sure this ain't the "Put your desperately bad Jokes here"-Section, neither the "Start fighting whether to make a Mod/Fix or not"-Section here. Can't stand pointing out a Problem and being joked at in return, anyways. Even if I'm not the Original Poster here, which I was going to be if there weren't this Topic yet.

Well, further more, it can be REALLY depressing trying to get the Game to work 'properly' in this Case. It's quite one of the major Bugs, if you ask me. And one of the most annoying ones.

Point is, Darkeethus is in Need of a Mod that fixes this highly annoying Behavior of just not staying Home / doing what he is asked for. For example, he will stay on a Chair/Bed for as long as I stay in "Give Command"-Mode. Once I revert to normal Crosshairs, he gets up again. And I'm not even married to him yet, we're just Companions.

It's 'just' his Home / Shop Location that has to be fixed and the correct Code can even be taken from the other, working Companions, as far as my Understanding goes. We just need someone who actually is able to DO so... I guess.

Edited by Flamey

Sure. Okay. I laughed at the joke, and I'm sure many others have.

But keep up that attitude and a modder will kiss your shoes and fix the issue immediately so you can resume playing Skyrim bug-free./sarcasm.

In all honesty, nobody is likely able to fix this bug yet considering that the creation kit isn't out yet. Wait until it's released and I'm sure there will be a large "Unofficial bug fix" if there isn't already and this will be included.

Also, I'm not sure how this bug can make the game depressing for you, or trying to get the game working "properly" is depressing. If that is your most annoying bug, I can't help but think, Bethesda did a damn good job! (Considering there's a bug with the one NPC -maybe a few more - related to the marriage aspect, which was probably added as an afterthought, compared to the hundreds if not thousands of NPCs in the game).

That's my 2 cents.

Yeah, sure you don't understand... to me, it's the most annoying Thing yet, because I tried to get married with him and have him as Companion. If he has got a lot of the most important and valuable Stuff, and keeps vanishing or not listening to Commands, even losing all Items at some Time after vanishing suddenly, so you have to be lucky your last Autosave will save you, and using the Console doesn't help at all... then maybe you'll understand why I was pretty pissed. I was lucky for that Autosave, at least. Saved my Ass, kinda, after trying anything I could think of. Since I'm Lvl 17 and have done a lot of Stuff yet I don't like the Thought of starting all over, just because of Bug like this.

Though, maybe I should have calmed down abit first before Posting. Can't laugh at the "Joke", anyways. Maybe I just don't get it.

Oh, and sure, don't care much about the "walking off at Marriage" one, since that's happening with everyone and you just have to cancel out of the Dialogue, and be quick to tell him/her where you're supposed to live together. It's more Darkeethus' Behavior of 1. "not being Home", and 2. of not listening to Commands properly.

Sit, Darkeethus. Sit. No, SIT. I SAID SIT, GODDAMMIT!!!

*Facepalms* Fine, get up. Stay around. Good Lizard.

I'd like it to work, not to pretend to all the Time. Can't leave him anywhere without risking of never finding him again.

And I'm eager for the Construction Set to be released. Any News on that...?

Edited by Flamey

Nope, it is NOT the same with Darkeethus.

Oh, and sure, don't care much about the "walking off at Marriage" one, since that's happening with everyone and you just have to cancel out of the Dialogue, and be quick to tell him/her where you're supposed to live together. It's more Darkeethus' Behavior of 1. "not being Home", and 2. of not listening to Commands properly.

Sit, Darkeethus. Sit. No, SIT. I SAID SIT, GODDAMMIT!!!

*Facepalms* Fine, get up. Stay around. Good Lizard.

I'd like it to work, not to pretend to all the Time. Can't leave him anywhere without risking of never finding him again.

Let me explain that further.

Even if you do so at the Wedding, Darkeethus and only Darkeethus [to my Knowledge] does not show up at the Player's Home - at least he doesn't stay. He's running back to where you find him, turning, running back to the Player's House, turning, running back to... and so on.

He's inside each Builing for about 1 Sec, turns and leaves again. Only Possibility to 'catch' him is, standing at your Door and waiting the whole Day in Skyrim [without using 'Wait', I mean actually waiting] and being quick in the one Second he's there suddenly. Next Option is waiting outside or knowing where he will walk past and wait for him. Or using the PlaceAtMe - Command in the Console if you know Darkeethus' true ID. You can get it on Wiki, or by typing "help Name 0" where you have to replace Name with the Items/Persons Name [in " " if it's more than one Word]. But, if you're lucky once more, he will have lost all the precious Items you gave to him.

Further more, you don't even have to marry him. He's bugged even without Wedding. If he's your Companion and you tell him to Sit somewhere, he does - as long as you stay there, stuck to "Command Mode". As soon as you tend to do something else but stare at him [talk to Ppl, open Menu, use Weapons, read Books, sleep, ...] he will get up again, asking if he could do something else for you. Sometimes, he even quit following you at this point, so he's in "Wait-Status". If you do not notice he is, and keep him waiting for too long, he will return to his original Location and tends to loose all your Items.

At least, that's what my previous not-too-old Savegames saved me from yet.

As you can see, maybe, he's probably the most bugged Companion out there, no matter what.

And being the only [male] Argonian who's willing to become your Companion [and more] doesn't make this any better.

On the other Hand, he's an essential Character, so he can't die. He equips Stuff you give to him, he's not standing in your Way like some other guys did for me yet, could be by Chance, though. And he's safer to fight with, since other Companios started to attack me as they run in the Way of my Arrows. Darkeethus rarely did so yet, and even when he did, he just told me to be careful and he'd be on my Side. As if I didn't knew. <3

Sorry. I'll stop bein' creepy now.

But yeah, he's the best Companion out there, if you ask me. He just has to be patched abit.

Oh, BTW, I guess I'll point out I know his Name's Derkeethus actually, ya know, I just misread his Name the first Time and still think Darkeethus sounds cooler. Therefore, I'd like to know if there's any Possibility of 'renaming' an NPC like him, without messing Things up. Since it's all about their ID, it could be possible, though. But that's another Story...

Edited by Flamey