Making Mechanical Companions

mrschnuffels

I love the little spiders and spheres in the old dwemer ruins.

I would like to request a mod that lets you make them, not just spawn them.

There is a bunch of scrap metal and levers and gyros and many other items in the ruins. (Also use a soul gem in each as well)

I would like a mod that lets you use these items to craft your very own dwemer machine by having all the necessary parts and a special spell that takes them out of your inventory and makes the desired machine.

You can give them basic commands like stay and follow, also commands like attack this target or even self destruct :P .

Also there are 2 ways to make the machines, 1. To do as the mod says by collecting a bunch of dwemer parts and a soul gem and making it, or 2. repairing those you destroy by just giving them just a few extra parts and a filled soul gem and then A repair spell.

They live forever time wise until killed by an enemy or you tell them to go boom yourself. Also there is no limit to how many you can have at any time. Unlike that stupid only have 2 summons bull****.

Edited by mrschnuffels

When the mod tools are released I was thinking of tackling this idea.

I was thinking plant a book that would start a quest showing the play how to construct automatons, eventually allowing you to upgrade them and modify them.

Its a big project, but I had this exact idea last night in fact after I entered my first Dwemer dungeon while I was on the College of Winterhold quest line. I was picking up gryos, struts, gears, and whatnot so I thought, wouldn't it be awesome to construct an automaton using these items.

Let me know if you have any other ideas on the subject.

• 2 weeks later...

I love the little spiders and spheres in the old dwemer ruins.

I would like to request a mod that lets you make them, not just spawn them.

There is a bunch of scrap metal and levers and gyros and many other items in the ruins. (Also use a soul gem in each as well)

I would like a mod that lets you use these items to craft your very own dwemer machine by having all the necessary parts and a special spell that takes them out of your inventory and makes the desired machine.

You can give them basic commands like stay and follow, also commands like attack this target or even self destruct :P .

Also there are 2 ways to make the machines, 1. To do as the mod says by collecting a bunch of dwemer parts and a soul gem and making it, or 2. repairing those you destroy by just giving them just a few extra parts and a filled soul gem and then A repair spell.

They live forever time wise until killed by an enemy or you tell them to go boom yourself. Also there is no limit to how many you can have at any time. Unlike that stupid only have 2 summons bull****.

awesome idea! although the more than 2 as a mage would put life expectancy down for companions.

If great minds think alike, then you must pretty clever sort since I had a similar idea a while back ;)

I've got a couple of mod ideas that I want to work on after the CK comes out, but this one is likely to get the most love, though don't take that to mean that it's going to come fast - I have a lot to learn!