Data Files is greyed out (yes, another topic about this)

Wyruz

It's greyed out and won't work, in short.

I have put bEnableFileSelection=1 under [Launcher] in the SkyrimPrefs folder AND the other one in C:\Users\****\Documents\My Games\Skyrim, but it still doesn't work :C

Any help would be appreciated, thanks :T

It's greyed out because you don't have any data files. You don't have any data files because nobody has data files. Nobody has data files because there are no data files. Texture hacks and ini hacks are texture hacks and ini hacks. They are not data files (e.g. .esp and .esm files). They have never, will never, should never, and can never appear as data files. There is no solution because there is no problem. Nobody can help you because you don't actually need any help.

It's greyed out because you don't have any data files. You don't have any data files because nobody has data files. Nobody has data files because there are no data files. Texture hacks and ini hacks are texture hacks and ini hacks. They are not data files (e.g. .esp and .esm files). They have never, will never, should never, and can never appear as data files. There is no solution because there is no problem. Nobody can help you because you don't actually need any help.

This.

But shouldn't you still be be able to click data files and see Skyrim.esm?

Ok i got same thing i got mods in data folder but cant make them work being dumb i think but i cant anyway not ini hacks or textures both esp files data files is greyed out so how can i make them work do i need archive invalidation like fallout or to change settings somewhere?

Many apologies i put bEnableFileSelection=1 into skyrimprefs.ini in both skyrim game folder and user/yadada mygames\skyrim folder

Edited by nexusloginname

So you mean mods and stuff are automatically put into the game after I've put them inte the Skyrim folder? In that case, you're right, I don't have a question xD