Help installing Francescos V5B1 with Wrye Bash.

Manus812

Actually using Boss with wrye bash is really easy for wrye bash has a "Execute BOSS" button in the bottom of the window.

As far as I know Francesco does not alter the economy, just to be sure we are in the same page we are speaking of this "Francesco" mod, right?

So it won't conflict with Enhanced Economy.

If you like Francesco, you should also use MOBS.

Edited by zdswulyx

Ooooooh, you just made it so clear. Thank you! Yes, that's the francesco mod. I thought it was like the 4.5 version which changed the shop owners gold settings. I guess v5 doesn't do that (although during installation I thought it mentioned something about economy).

I'll try MOBS too.

Thanks a ton, zdswulyx!

I don't know how much you like to mod your game, but after experience of super modded games I am quite disillusioned. So I suggest few, to the point mods.

OblivionXP makes the level system usable. The "increase skills on success" is such a broken base design that there is no way to fix a part of throwing it away and making a new one. Oblivion XP does exactly that.

Francesco + MOBs "fixes" the level scaling, keeping it in a nice way. You can think you are playing a pen-and-paper game where the Master tries to keep the game interesting for your character, but at the same time believable.

Enhanced Economy makes the economy more immersive, but IMO is already a bit overdone. I usually disable the merchant quests and reduce the impact of the various factors, for I don't really want to drag around loot just to sell it to the more convenient place. Realistic, probably. Fun, no.

Race Balancing Project fixes the races and birthsign. So you can actually feel the difference between the races and not simply conclude: playing anything different than Breton/Athronach is just increasing difficulty.

Real time lockpicking removes the lockpick minigame. I don't like minigames.

Persuasion Overhaul removes the persuasion overhaul. Again I don't like minigame. It's important to play this with Oblivion XP.

Open Cities Reborn puts the cities where they belong, in the world space! I still don't get what bethesda was thinking putting the cities in separate cells. Crowded cities for OCR no script and Crowded Roads Revisited also add few NPCs to spice up the world; it also helps sneaky characters because you can get NPC that are not involved in any quest.

This is my bare minimum, I excluded the obvious stuff like patches or darnui because you surely know them already.

Awesome suggestions. I know Frans already has an older version of MOBS, so I'm guessing the newer mobs can be installed over it without issue.

One small mod I always wanted and will use is the shipping on cyrodill mod that widens and deepens the river around leyawin. I always hated how badly that was constructed because it lacked all realism that the main city could ever have ships in its harbor given the shallow river.

Just thought of something, if I need to reinstall francescos v5 mod, can I just use the wizard in wrye bash? Or do I need to uninstall it first ?

Wrye Bash makes uninstalling easy, so I think it's safer to uninstall first and then reinstall the new version.

About the list I gave you, of course it is just my personal choice; the message I want to send is: in my experience it's better to play and if you find something bad or disturbing that decrease your fun look for (or make) a mod that fixes it; the more focused, the better; because it means less conflicts and unexpected behaviors.

I couldn't agree more with that. I'm not looking to pile on mods to overhaul the game. I'd like some things changed and there are mods available that can help fix or enhance things that I enjoy.

Like the Persuasion Overhaul: that will definitely simplify an aspect of the game that needs it.

It's little things that matter the most for me. Honestly, when I first read up on mods, I was attracted to Frans mostly because of the added Adventurers feature. I liked the idea of bumping into vampire hunters or Adventures out in the world. The first time I used the mod a while back, I came out of the sewer and there was an NPC on the hill above the exit slowing creeping in stealth mode,like he was hunting something. I liked added touches like that in the game world.