Mod loading problem

Baboo85

Hi all,

I have few mods installed, plus F4SE. Some mods load, and some not.

Here my mods:

GameMode=Fallout4

Fallout4.esm=1
DLCRobot.esm=1
DLCworkshop01.esm=1
DLCCoast.esm=1
ArmorKeywords.esm=1
Companion Infinite Ammo and Unbreakable Power Armour.esm=1
DLCworkshop02.esm=1
HairVariations_YoungAtHeart.esp=1
HairVariations_FairyTails.esp=1
HairVariations_Elegant.esp=1
HairVariations_Sophisticate.esp=1
HairVariations_Conversions.esp=1
Kunio Face Preset slot15.esp=1
THBrows.esp=1
LooksMenu.esp=1
Armorsmith Extended.esp=1
Armorsmith Far Harbor.esp=1
Armorsmith Automatron.esp=1
CraftableAmmo.esp=1
CraftableAmmo_plus.esp=1
LegendaryModification.esp=1
LegendaryModification2LM.esp=1
LegendaryModificationMisc.esp=1
LegendaryModificationCSA.esp=1
LegendaryModificationGroknak.esp=1
CROSS_Jetpack.esp=1
JetPackDrain10.esp=1
PowerArmorDrain10.esp=1
EFF.esp=1
CompRedo.esp=1
Colt1911.esp=1
CBBE.esp=1
The Eyes Of Beauty.esp=1
Kahlan3.1.esp=1
MiscHairstyle.esp=1
GNDoriginal.esp=1
MoreCustomEyes.esp=1
MoreCustomEyes2.esp=1

CBBE loads without problems. Other mods doesn't work at all.

In particular I've a problem with "Kahlan" mod: it says that "KsHairDos.esp" is missing, but I don't know what is that...

Edited by Baboo85

I was having the exact same problems, I tried too much it seemed like. My mod problems are solved.

I deleted anything and everything (even a registry cleaner because something was a muck) that had to do with fallout 4 and reloaded the game and NVMM and started loading the mods and all was good. I'm back to playing the game with all mods working fine. I have not however tried the saves that I had, I actually wanted to start the game over and build new everything.

I had tried all the fixes and tricks that where all over the internet so I decided this was the only way - - - - It did work for me

I was having the exact same problems, I tried too much it seemed like. My mod problems are solved.

I deleted anything and everything (even a registry cleaner because something was a muck) that had to do with fallout 4 and reloaded the game and NVMM and started loading the mods and all was good. I'm back to playing the game with all mods working fine. I have not however tried the saves that I had, I actually wanted to start the game over and build new everything.

I had tried all the fixes and tricks that where all over the internet so I decided this was the only way - - - - It did work for me

The problem is that my pc is quite fresh new, Fallout 4 fresh downloaded and modded. And with new game started from zero.

Some times ago to make mod working there were many setup to do. Now it's needed only a row in a file. Is it correct?

The problem is that my pc is quite fresh new, Fallout 4 fresh downloaded and modded. And with new game started from zero.

Some times ago to make mod working there were many setup to do. Now it's needed only a row in a file. Is it correct?

A new pc doesnt save you from a corrupt install or bad Mods or even bad usage of mods.

All ways use NMM if you can and when youre ready to install a heavy mod or something youre uncertain of simply save the profile BEFORE you install the new mod/s and create a new profile to test it on. This way if something goes wrong you can fall back to the previous profile and all is well...

Also note NEVER delete a mod when uninstalling until youre 100% sure that your game is ok without it.

Edited by greekrage

A new pc doesnt save you from a corrupt install or bad Mods or even bad usage of mods.

All ways use NMM if you can and when youre ready to install a heavy mod or something youre uncertain of simply save the profile BEFORE you install the new mod/s and create a new profile to test it on. This way if something goes wrong you can fall back to the previous profile and all is well...

Also note NEVER delete a mod when uninstalling until youre 100% sure that your game is ok without it.

I didn't mention it because I don't consider corrupted files or something like that.

Cause the problem occur on my desktop and my notebook.

I downloaded twice the game, even if Steam is "standalone".

"Your argument is invalid" :)

Ok, thank you all for NOT helping at all. Didn't mean finding a solution (I didn't expect a miracle), but at least suggest me to try something...

:down: :down: :down:

I resolved it by myself.

Files under "C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Fallout4" folder were all "Read Only".

Deleted all files under that folder, now the mods are working.

You can close the discussion...

Edited by Baboo85

To help you all out, I would rather you all ran Mod Organizer, it is so much better, and easier, to use than NMM. I am, of course, speaking from experience. Mod Organizer can save you from corrupt files, as well as other potential problems that NMM can have, and even crash it. Before you download mods, you want to read the description if they depend on another mod, or not. You want to always read descriptions before even downloading. It will save time, and headache further down the line. Second thing, use F4SE to run your game, always. You never know what's going to happen, or what you need, but some mods also need F4SE. Third, when you install mods, run Sort in Mod Organizer, and then run Loot. Loot is awesome, I love it, and I will state that it is extremely useful in so many ways. Loot is another tool in your arsenal to identify potential problems, and could be potential solutions to those problems. Along with Loot, you want Fallout 4 edit, with the merge plugins. There are plenty of videos on how to do it, I recommend both Dirty Weasel Media and Gopher, both on youtube, and can be searched using their names,videos. They are very well done.

To help you all out, I would rather you all ran Mod Organizer, it is so much better, and easier, to use than NMM. I am, of course, speaking from experience. Mod Organizer can save you from corrupt files, as well as other potential problems that NMM can have, and even crash it. Before you download mods, you want to read the description if they depend on another mod, or not. You want to always read descriptions before even downloading. It will save time, and headache further down the line. Second thing, use F4SE to run your game, always. You never know what's going to happen, or what you need, but some mods also need F4SE. Third, when you install mods, run Sort in Mod Organizer, and then run Loot. Loot is awesome, I love it, and I will state that it is extremely useful in so many ways. Loot is another tool in your arsenal to identify potential problems, and could be potential solutions to those problems. Along with Loot, you want Fallout 4 edit, with the merge plugins. There are plenty of videos on how to do it, I recommend both Dirty Weasel Media and Gopher, both on youtube, and can be searched using their names,videos. They are very well done.

Those would be more useful with Skyrim, because I had many problems (crash without error after some minutes of gaming, it didn't depends from the location, the movement, actions, speaks or other similar recurring problems. It crashes after 2-3 minutes, even with new games and game file re-checked by Steam).

For now in Fallout I don't need them. NMM is perfect, the only one problem is that after every small update it removes and reinstalls all mods (so I don't have the lastest version, but the previous one).

I always run the game with F4SE, even if it's outdated (F4 updated some days ago on Steam, but the F4SE 1.18 doesn't support that version yet).

Yesterday deleting all files in that folder, solved the problem. But I didn't know of those files until I found a Reddit discussion of "How reactivate your mods after last updates", that tells to put an asterisk * before all ESP and ESM plugins, because NMM doesn't do that yet.

I tried, when I saved the file, it told me that it was "read only".

So I deleted all of them, reactivated all mods with NMM (that inserted asterisk on those activated) and finally played with all mods.

Edited by Baboo85