Marriage Glitch?

Xescream

I recently had my character marry Muiri so I could bring in some shop money and have a companion that wasn't quite as formal as Lydia as all the "My Thane" stuff wasn't working for me. After the ceremony I had her move into breezehome and she started a general store. I have the options of buying things from her shop, collecting profits, telling her to move to another home, or getting my home cooked meal. However I can not ask her to follow me. I do not have anyone else following, Lydia has been staying in my house for awhile now. Also is their any way to change her equipment-- I gave her some iron armor via console as she'd get butchered without some protection and she would not equip it, even after removing her default dress with console her dress simply respawns after re-loading the cell. I will be able to fix the clothing thing with the construction set when it comes out so that is only a matter of time, plus I am sure better companions will be released pending SCK. My main question is this: Is Muiri's inability to become a follower a glitch, do I have some unfullfilled conditions, or is this lack of an ability to follow an NPC specific thing (aka shopkeepers cannot follow)?

I married Muiri too...I thought she'd be a good companion for my mage chick. <3 But...I keep hearing about this "lover's embrace" thing or whatever it's called, where you sleep next to them and get bonuses. But she never sleeps! And I've read in places that you're supposed to be able to make any spouse a follower/companion...but I know at least with Muiri, you can't.

I feel cheated! Is this a glitch, or do some spouses actually not have these options (sleep next to you, follow, etc) ??

I married Mjoll the Lioness and she set up a shop as well. I can have her travel with me anytime or go back to house and I can change the weapon she wields, but there's nothing I can do about that heavy armor. It's not even in her inventory, I don't know if it's at all possible for now to change NPC's armor worn.

I married Mjoll the Lioness and she set up a shop as well. I can have her travel with me anytime or go back to house and I can change the weapon she wields, but there's nothing I can do about that heavy armor. It's not even in her inventory, I don't know if it's at all possible for now to change NPC's armor worn.

Oh, boy....I hope and pray that changing a companion's appearance isn't some big Blender project every time. That would be such a headache. >.>

You can definitely change them. However, each companion comes with invisible base equipment and will only swap it out if you provide an upgrade. This can be hard to anticipate since you can't see what they already have, but I have yet to see a companion that won't change appearance if you get something good enough. Mjoll in particular will definitely equip heavy armor and you can see it just fine (I have her in a suit that I smithed myself), but it has to be good stuff; remember that she was an adventurer herself for a long time and is not in rags.

I recently had my character marry Muiri so I could bring in some shop money and have a companion that wasn't quite as formal as Lydia as all the "My Thane" stuff wasn't working for me. After the ceremony I had her move into breezehome and she started a general store. I have the options of buying things from her shop, collecting profits, telling her to move to another home, or getting my home cooked meal. However I can not ask her to follow me. I do not have anyone else following, Lydia has been staying in my house for awhile now. Also is their any way to change her equipment-- I gave her some iron armor via console as she'd get butchered without some protection and she would not equip it, even after removing her default dress with console her dress simply respawns after re-loading the cell. I will be able to fix the clothing thing with the construction set when it comes out so that is only a matter of time, plus I am sure better companions will be released pending SCK. My main question is this: Is Muiri's inability to become a follower a glitch, do I have some unfullfilled conditions, or is this lack of an ability to follow an NPC specific thing (aka shopkeepers cannot follow)?

Well I have has similar problems with Vilkas. My character married him and they lived at his place(the companions base) first as I didnt have many houses then. I can take him fighting with me and he is a great help. He makes my dinner once and gives me money from his shop but I can't get any benefits from sleeping, well he wont stay on the bed when I point there and tell him to lie down. Is that cause Im a werewolf? Also I dont want to be a werewolf, can I change that?

LOL

Also the shop part doesnt work for me, I can 'sell' him stuff but the money doesnt go to my account at all. It's as if I just gave him the stuff to look after. So bugged this game.

Also off topic as little but when I use potions I find it very annoying there is no icon on screen to tell me how long they will last for or what I have taken. Its really really annoying!

I hope they do a patch soon because I have lost count of big bugs and small bugs I have encountered.