Problems with launching XCOM 2 Editor

Mythrell

Oh my god it worked, thank you.

I was about to post it didn't work but apparently i'm an idiot who can't read since i was editing the wrong .ini file. My mod package is also showing and it opens up just fine, but i don't remember how mod packages are set up at the start since i made a specific folder for my mod packages, i made a "new packages" folder under packages and that's where i keep my mods, like this: "XCOM 2 SDK\XcomGame\Content\XCOM_2\Packages\NewPackages"

Ok i guess i managed to REALLY screw up my comp while trying to fix this problem so it requires a total reinstall of the computer.. Oh well.. At least i have backups of the most important things :)

Does anyone else have any problems launching the debugger? I keep getting an error from Steam: Application load error V:0000065432, and I can't figure out why.

I tried verifying both XCOM 2 and the SDK. No dice. I also restarted steam and that didn't work either.

Yeah, that problem still persist.

I build the mods with the SDK now and use the launcher from XCOM 2 to launch the game to go around this issue. You can find the launcher in \SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\XCOM2\Binaries\Win64\Launcher\StartDebugging.bat

Other way to get it working is to run the SDK as admin, but that doesn't feel like it's really recommended thing to do.

Edited by Mythrell

Yeah, that problem still persist.

I build the mods with the SDK now and use the launcher from XCOM 2 to launch the game to go around this issue. You can find the launcher in \SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\XCOM2\Binaries\Win64\Launcher\StartDebugging.bat

Other way to get it working is to run the SDK as admin, but that doesn't feel like it's really recommended thing to do.

I figured it out after an hour of searching. It seems to be a lot faster doing this, since now I don't have to wait for the mod to rebuild again after building.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so I found a fix for the Editor not loading:
1. Find SteamApps\common\XCOM 2 SDK\XComGame\Config
2. Open "XcomEditorUserSettings.ini"
3. Change
[sourceControl]
Disabled=False
to
[sourceControl]
Disabled=True
..........And BINGO!
My Mod Package is not showing but atleast it opens now :D
Credit: Tracktwo in the nexus forums

I did this and my editor launched too! Wooho!

I just replied in a different thread about this issue..

So they broke it with an update; that's amazing.

Glad I didn't try to reinstall the entire game and dev kit which would've been a 100GB re-download and re-write to my SSD..

Still, got a bunch of missing file warnings when it started up:

Missing Files:

Can't find file for package 'Materials_DLC2' while loading ..\..\XComGame\Content\XCOM_2\Packages\Dev\JDev_FX.upk

Can't find file for package 'CleanRoom' while loading ..\..\XComGame\Content\XCOM_2\Packages\Environments\Temperate\Deco\TemperateBushes.upk
Can't find file for package 'DLC_30_HumanShared' while loading ..\..\XComGame\Content\XCOM_2\Packages\Characters\Humans\HumanShared.upk
Can't find file for package 'CleanRoom' while loading ..\..\XComGame\Content\XCOM_2\Packages\Environments\Urban\Deco\AdventDeco.upk
Can't find file for package 'BrokenSectopod' while loading ..\..\XComGame\Content\XCOM_2\Packages\Characters\Aliens\Sectopod.upk
Can't find file for package 'DLC_60_SoundCharacterFX' while loading ..\..\XComGame\Content\XCOM_2\Packages\Characters\Aliens\Archon_ANIM.upk
Can't find file for package 'DLC_60_SoundCharacterFX' while loading ..\..\XComGame\Content\XCOM_2\Packages\Characters\Aliens\Viper_ANIM.upk
Can't find file for package 'DLC_60_SoundViperKing' while loading ..\..\XComGame\Content\XCOM_2\Packages\Characters\Aliens\Viper_ANIM.upk
Can't find file for package 'DLC_30_Accessories' while loading ..\..\XComGame\Content\XCOM_2\Packages\Dev\JDev_FX.upk
Can't find file for package 'DLC_30_SldCnv_Std' while loading ..\..\XComGame\Content\XCOM_2\Packages\Dev\JDev_FX.upk
Can't find file 'UnitPalettes'
Can't find file 'XAudio2'
Can't find file 'WinDrv'
Missing Objects:
Texture2D sky_resources_cp.Textures.t_cloudmask_r_sunset in jdev_skies
Texture2D sky_resources_cp.Textures.t_cloudmasks_01 in jdev_skies
Texture2D sky_resources_cp.Textures.t_starmask_01 in jdev_skies
Texture2D sky_resources_cp.Textures.t_sun_rgb in jdev_skies
Package TerrainPackage.OLD in Zel_Dev
Texture2D TerrainPackage.OLD.T_Dirt_DIFF in Zel_Dev
Texture2D TerrainPackage.OLD.T_Grass_DIFF in Zel_Dev
Package Level_Design_Construction_Kit.Meshes in epacePackage
StaticMesh Level_Design_Construction_Kit.Meshes.CWall_192 in epacePackage

Can finally get started on mods.. glad that just wasted the last 5 hours of my life.
Edited by DAOWAce