Fallout 4 PC Build Advice

Currently Building a PC to play Fallout 4. I've read a few things but have a list of 32 keywords that i have to learn through and through before having "understanding" And have already spent roughly 15 hours learning and still i'm hardly nowhere near close...so looking for some tips or advice since I have no background in PC parts whatsoever other than the past week.

Not asking for a course in Computer Technology just some tips on if what i have will indeed run Fallout 4 with mods at max settings ofc without god rays and super shadows at super distance.

Also what computer case would hold all of the equipment listed and if they are compatible with one another.

This is what I currently have listed to buy:

dude no copy and paste..... Alright here i go

-Core i5 4690k

-GeForce GTX 970

-Cooler Master Hyper TX3 54.8 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler

-ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 Micro ATX AM3+ Motherboard

-Corsair xms3 8gb (2 x 4gb) ddr3 - 1600 Memory

-Cooler Master 550W 80+ Bronze Cerified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply

Im not looking for "the best of the Best" $1.5k Computer just something that will have 40-60fps and look great and run with mods without melting.

Any Thoughts?

Edited by SolidSnakeMan

NO! That motherboard is for AMD processors! Change the ASUS M5A78L-M motherboard for an ASUS Z97! Also, the i5-4690K is made for overclocking, if you don't plan on overclocking then get the i5-4690 and an ASUS H97 motherboard. Get a 600W PSU, remember that the only thing that will endure in your PC for next builds is the PSU.

Hope I helped, regards.

Right now with the RX480, a new 970 is no longer the good deal it used to be - while the 480 lacks in power efficiency (can be improved by downvolting, they've set it too high by default), it still beats the 970, at a marginally lower price.

However it might be difficult to find one.

PSU-wise, quality matters more than wattage.

Use Pcpartpicker to check for a compatible build and find the lowest prices in the US at the same time.

So my current PSU won't work for meeting my goals with fallout 4?

So Swap the Asus Mf for an Asus Z9 and since i'm not overclocking swap the 4690k for the 4690. And the RX480 is weaker but cheaper? Will the RX reach my standard for fallout 4?

Edited by SolidSnakeMan