DLC Files in the Editor Not Openable?

Joshuahoeth

Did Firaxis seriously not give us the ability to mod DLC files, I don't understand the point of them even being visible, when ever you try to open any of them you get a "Not Yet Verified" Error, this is a serious flaw in the moddability of Xcom 2, DLC modding is possible in other games, it should be here too.

Does anyone else have an issue with this, I haven't seen anyone else complain about this at all

Hi, some files are cooked into the UPK so you can't get to them (For example the Alien Hunters DLC). The other DLCS (probably excluding Shen's Last Gift) can be opened but you have to click the open external package option (icon on the bottom left that looks like a folder) and navigate here:

Resistance Warrior:

SteamApps\common\XCOM 2\XComGame\DLC\XCom_DLC_Day0\Content

Anarchy Stuff:

SteamApps\common\XCOM 2\XComGame\CookedPCConsole

The files for Anarchy will start with DLC...so look there.

Also, note that the files are under XCOM 2 not XCOM 2 SDK as one would expect. It took me a while to figure it out until somebody gave me a hand so I'm just passing the information along...karma and all that. Cheers!

Edited by Neonchuy

That won't let me get the Archetypes out will it?

UE Explorer will get the archetype information out, in a form of a text like format. It'll tell you what the parameters are and other stuff.

Animations, Textures, and Models cannot be extracted, unless Glidor (author of UE Viewer) decides to add support for XCOM 2 (he'll never do it).

Hold on E3245... Gildor's UE-Viewer (along with umodelGUI) can certainly open almost anything (LZO decompressed if need be) from XCom2.. even the newest SG/DLC assets.

Mind you -- i'm still using an older version of that tool (17/08/14) since most subsequent executable(s) just failed to hook correctly with the essential GUI options.

As for adding (more) support, i can't really tell but as long as *the above* works i don't care much if something new from that Russian guy might become available. He's already made it clear some titles shall never get full support however hard peoples ask. ;)

Hold on E3245... Gildor's UE-Viewer (along with umodelGUI) can certainly open almost anything (LZO decompressed if need be) from XCom2.. even the newest SG/DLC assets.

Mind you -- i'm still using an older version of that tool (17/08/14) since most subsequent executable(s) just failed to hook correctly with the essential GUI options.

As for adding (more) support, i can't really tell but as long as *the above* works i don't care much if something new from that Russian guy might become available. He's already made it clear some titles shall never get full support however hard peoples ask. :wink:

I didn't know Glidor's tool worked with the DLCs. I though that it wasn't possible, well definitely the animations for one.

I'll have to check it out myself.