Total Realism Overhaul

Mansh00ter

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aaaand is there a way to disable the blood splat effect when you hit someone in armour? Would be strange to hit an armoured foe with lots of blood sloshing around while (s)hes not taking any damage.

No such situation. Armor does not make you a walking tank. So the difference between heavy armor and no armor is that it takes four (just throwing numbers out here, nothing specific) hits by a Giant Sword of Doom to kill you, as opposed to only two, or even one if you are unlucky. But blood will be shed either way.

If you're referring to maces not shedding blood, then no, there is no way to prevent blood splatter. Though in reality, maces will split the skin open and break noses just fine, so there will be plenty of blood.

What im trying to say is that if a blade can't penetrate an armorplate then there wont be blood, and would be good if you could simulate that somehow.

Unfortunately Manshooter had to scrap that part of the mod due to script lag.

Good progress on the script lag today - managed to eliminate 90% of it. Still a slight delay though, but barely noticeable now. Had to gut armor/weapon penetration though, now the script simply calculates armor resistance based on the armor rating of the victim, and doesn't take into account the actual armor type, weapon material and so on - there simply isn't any compact way to do this, unfortunately. Armor resistance is capped at 0.8 (80% damage blocked) which depending on weapon types used may render certain light weapons (khm, daggers) unsuitable for quickly taking down daedric-clad opponents, especially if you take into account NPC's now actually blocking your hits instead of just soaking it up.

Still loving what I'm hearing though.

Very nice mod... but in my opinion you should make a bar or a menu where you can see a little shape of a human and see what he needs

Improve the "cold" impact with a freezing animation. etc. etc.

I hope you could make something like this, would be very cool. :blush:

(Sorry for my poor english)

I was playing the Brytenwalda mod for Warband and they have a similar feature to the one you want to implement: tripping while walking backwards. It may seem fun in theory, but is extremely annoying in reality. All we need is slower backpedaling. Please at least consider making it optional - as a completely different module of "Annoying mechanics".

The module of "Annoying mechanics"... I think there will not be many people downloading something with this name. xD

Well, Basic Needs already has a configuration menu, so I think configuring it ingame will be better than have to load many different esps to configure this (combat) mod.

Yeah, Brytenwalda is a very good mod, and actually I kinda liked the possibility of tripping up if backpedalling. They overdid it though. :) In TRO the chance to trip up and fall would be calculated on your actual character stats and gear, so a nimble assassin type would not have to worry about that, while a fat mage type would. :) But that's just one feature - and in fact is pretty low priority since I believe it requires a script extender as there is no way to detect if the player is backpedalling ingame.

Also - concept change for critical hits. Now those will have a higher chance of causing wound effects, without the damage bonus. I think that's more realistic - the extra damage system was just there to simplify the same thing. Now you'll get more uncertainty in a fight. Instead of just doing extra damage, you will maybe land a lethal wound (Severed Artery, for example) which will kill pretty much anything real quick, or just bruise them a little. Weapon skill does play a role there, so if you are more skilled with that weapon you will have a higher chance of causing more serious wounds. Stealth perks dealing with extra stealth damage will instead increase the chance of a critical hit when attacking.