Total Realism Overhaul

Mansh00ter

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, that's gone. Dragons are much nastier though, perfect for those who actually want an epic fight worthy of a dragonslayer (plus it's nice to see them slaughtering everything for a change).

Work continues on the mod, but since I got my daily schedule completely stuffed I'm lucky if I can squeeze in an hour or two every few days for modding... should have something Soon™ though.

Just wanted to say how much I'm looking forward to all the things in this mod. It's exactly what I've wanted for Skyrim (and other games before it, too) for such a long time, and I'm so glad to see someone doing it. I appreciate the effort you're putting into this a ton, Mansh00ter, thanks. :)

Just need to hope that someone makes a larger world mod to go along with this when it's done, haha.

Edited by apanthropy

Haven't checked this thread in a while - but would this mod be compatible with Belua Sanguinare?

Should be. As I said earlier, anything that has to do with combat and new creatures should be compatible with this mod as long as the author(s) have included standard keywords for all new items, creatures etc. If they haven't then those items/creatures are treated as defaults, which could become weird in some situations.

Nice to hear that dragons will actually be DRAGONS! But will you also edit their spawn frequency? Dragon fights should be really epic and monumental, but in vanilla Skyrim dragons are popping up every 10 mins or so and while they are quite easy to deal with, this frequent attacking makes them boring. Would be good if you would make it so while they are much more powerful and dangerous in TRO, the chance to encounter them is significantly lower. I rather have 1 challenging dragon a week then 100 boring ones in an hour.

Manashota, hurry up please! World is gonna end soon (it's 2012 already omg), reptilians gonna om nom nom us and the NWO guys gonna do the beat-up-and-lock-up-all-the-hippies event in preparation for the New Democratic (lol) Totalitarian Earth Empire. BTW I would not go to the London Olympics this year if I were you :cough: NWO "terrorist" attack :cough:

Anyway, soon we won't have time to enjoy your glorious mod :nuke:

@tomislawus Why do you think I am making this mod? In case aliens attack, our best bet is they get hooked on Skyrim and we hijack their ships while they're off playing. ;)

@Skrdrm - I think there's a console command to change the frequency of dragon spawns. Not sure I want to change it, I'd rather leave the choice to the player... with the new combat system and truly deadly and dangerous dragons, Skyrim should end up feeling like they're really out to get you, like a land hopelessly under siege. I'd like to present the player with a challenge that requires actual running away from time to time - just like in the trailer. Remember the trailer - the Dragonborn was actually trying to run away from the dragon, and turned to fight only when it was either that or go over the edge of a cliff.

When I was playing the game, seeing a dragon was more a "oooh, loot!", than "ohshitohshitohshit" moment.

I extremely like this idea of "ohshitohshitohshit" moments. But! Is there really a way to run from a dragon? People will just enter random caves and wooden huts (made out of dragon impervious logs) instead of... you know... really running away, like in the trailer you mentioned.

Those fat mages with no stamina for running should have an option to create an illusion of a cow that will distract the dragon:D

On a more serious note it could be just another low level utility spell - a "shout" (literally a shout - a sound, not a dragonborn spell) or a scream of a dragon that would distract the dragon trying to eat the poor fatty. It could also be used to to frighten lesser enemies (wolves and peasants).

Edited by tomislawus