Total Realism Overhaul

Mansh00ter

Teh internetz is our playground where we can forget about rules of the real world, we can experiment and act differently to just see how it is. Its not because of lack of fear - I strongly believe that people should be polite and caring for each other - especially for those who can not defend themselves.

I believe that you find what kind of a person someone is by seeing how he treats those who cannot harm him or are dependent somehow on him - think of a polite and always smiling businessman in a suit belittling and yelling at some poor McDonald's worker because there is something wrong with his sandwich or soda got spilled on his table. Its not how you treat your peers or supervisors - its how you treat those who are lower than you on on the social ladder.

In many ways this is the case in our interactions on teh internetz, because there are no real repercussions here that could bite our ass for being ourselves. So be yourselves when you writing posts on teh forrums even if your an a**hole - know yourself:D

Why the fuuck did I write all this? :psyduck: Well, at least my english is getting better:D

If this is the case then you should show even more discipline to treat people with respect because you know they are not able to defend themselves.

Remember, everyone can be a Keyboard Warrior. Not everyone can resist that urge.

Manshooter, keep pushing hard man :P

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep the way of development you are doing right now Mansh00ter, there are many good mods like ACE and SkyRe, but non of them is aiming for the highest amount of realism that is possible and you are aiming for it. Who doesn't like that can use other mods (I use ACE right now, so I don't mean to say it's a bad mod, don't get me wrong).

These changes would make Skyrim a lot more enjoyable for me. Swinging your sword at everyone and spamming healing potions just before you die gets repetitive, I'd like actual skill and timing to be a necessity rather than in-game One-Handed and Heavy Armour levels. A combat overhaul mod I downloaded has drastically improved battles, but there's still a lot that can be improved in the game. Referring and adding to your list:

Health bar can instead be represented by heartbeats (higher BPM = lower health), heavy breathing and screen effects like desaturation or changes to contrast.

Instead of a magicka bar, perhaps add an item of clothing like a ring that changes colour or loses glow when running out of magicka. Maybe an enchanted glove that has some sort of meter on it. I think a ring would be possible since I believe there's a ring that changes colour based on the weather in a mod. The glove idea sounds less feasible.

If you're bleeding from a serious wound, linen wraps can be used as bandages. They should have to be sterilised in a cooking pot (boiled in water) to prevent the risk of infection/disease. A potion and spell variant should also be included.

You should be able to remove arrows from your body but it will cause heavy bleeding, so you'll need to bandage the wound quickly. Removing it quickly will lessen the effects of poison if applied. Leaving the arrow in will slow you down like you said and maybe give a slight screen shake to simulate the pain.

Definitely need a quick-dodge feature (some NPCs can sidestep pretty quickly) and some powerful counter-attack moves to make reflexes important. Dodging is better suited to light armour wearers whilst heavy armour wearers with shields are better suited to counter moves.

As for dual wielding, I'd personally remove it (seems like a mouse button spam fest to me), but I guess they could use the dodge feature at the cost of higher stamina loss and/or speed decrease of dodging.

Sustained swinging of weapons should decrease stamina especially for heavy weapons and dual wielded weapons.

Location-based damage would be awesome if it could be implemented, similar to the Fallout system. Marching into battle without a helmet would be pretty much suicide, an arrow to the knee will make you walk slowly but won't damage you as much as an arrow to the chest.

These suggestions have probably already been made, but oh well. I agree with pretty much all of your ideas so this will be a fantastic mod for me.

Nah, just busy busy busy. Maybe I'll have something by the end of the month.

About dodging.. currently there is no native way to catch key presses (left, right etc.) so no way to detect the direction the player is moving in. Maybe it would be possible to adapt the current "dodging" (the slow motion effect when you block with some perks) to just increase player speed when blocking+under attack instead of slowing everything down.

Don't know if you ever played Demon's/Dark souls, Manshooter, but the gameplay you're trying to archieve sure look like what you can find in these.

Unfortunatly, every weapon seems to have the same animation in skyrim and I don't know how much you can play with the speed of the animations but if you can get daggers to go fast, swords semi-fast, axes semi-slow and blunt weapons to go real slow and the attack power to be inversely proportional it would add much more depth to gameplay and would make your weapon choices actually revelant.

Just something I'm trowing out there...

Anyway, i'll be back in a few months to see what's happenning with this mod.

Keep it up OP.