Total Realism Overhaul

Mansh00ter

Dual parry is done by replacing certain animations, the controls remain the same. So you parry the same way you'd block. It should work with all controllers. The downside is that you can't control which weapon you're attacking with, but since Bethesda removed the offhand/mainhand weapon bonuses, it's pretty much all the same.

I'm not sure about the torch thing, but it might be possible - to be honest I haven't even tried that yet, so I can't tell for sure.

Oh yeah - about the ETA, unfortunately, when it's done. :) I can't give out promises because I'm quite busy with work right now, but I try to set time aside for this when I can. The biggest hurdle is getting rid of the script lag completely. Once that's done, the other stuff is pretty much routine.

Edited by Mansh00ter

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yeah this dual parry thing reminded me of something utterly stupid in the vanilla game: if you have a sword in one hand and a spell in the other, no block. And no shortcut to unequip the spell, you have to go through magic menu of favorites...

But well, it isn't a priority, I guess.

I've been running the most recent version of this mod, and I must say it is excellent and very well done. However, I choose not to include it because my character is constantly hungry or thirsty or tired. With the vanilla timescale I was feeding my character once every 3-4 minutes. This was a bit distracting.

This may not be a problem with the mod since it only began after I installed a few more mods and started a new game.

Anyways... looking forward to the changes! Although it may be easier just to incorporate a patch that allows it work with Frostfall.

I know exactly where you are coming from. I installed the mod, enjoyed it, but found how fast you were forced to eat and sleep (especially) to be annoying enough that I uninstalled. Then I learned about changing the timescale.

open the console ~ and: set timescale to 5

1 minute of real time = 5 minutes in game (default is 20),

This slows gameplay down to Makes these Needs mods very enjoyable and for me, gives a much more realistic gameplay.

I hope this allows you to enjoy these wonderful mods.

Of course this is unrealistic (Dragons up in the air would need secounds to cross all the nordic world and destroy everything, so why don't they?) but you can do nothing about that kind of unrealistic things.