Total Realism Overhaul

Mansh00ter

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi there Manshooter!

Is the download site features list on date or is there more content than food and hunger in allready?

Ofcourse someone else could answer this too :)

BTW cant wait the finished product, would make my skyrim play a lot more joy and harder what it is now.

Right now I'm busy with a project, should be finished by the end of the month, then I plan on really sitting down with this and putting in some serious crunch time. Any compatibility patches will have to wait until then, but once I get going I'll put them on top of the list.

I don't know if this has already been suggested (I am NOT going to Ctrl+F 129 pages) so apologies if it has, but if you're going to make arrows/weapons deadly against all but full high-level heavy armour, can you possibly make wards block/reduce melee damage? It always struck me as odd that rather than repelling attacks, a shiny wall of energy makes you tougher the way armour does despite being something quite clearly entirely separate from your armour. Also, how are you going to handwave lore-wise the inability of a mage to set a dragon's brain on fire from halfway across the battlefield?

Thank you.

Wards already are slated to work like magical shields. However I am not yet sure how to best pull it off - making ward spells reduce or block damage is easy, but since the ward spells are not designed for that some cosmetic ugliness occurs (you block damage but the hit still visually registers / you still get an arrow to the knee). But in any case, yes, mages will have a tool at their disposal to actively protect themselves from physical attacks. And yes, more along the line of shields instead of armor. Armor spells, however, will still be in - and their effects are now taken into account as well.

As for setting dragon brains on fire, that's just OP and thus is handwaved. :P

@Xzone36 - that's weird. Reset function is precisely designed for that kind of issues. Feel free to describe your problem to me in more detail via personal message, and also include what other mods you're using.