Total Realism Overhaul

Mansh00ter

On the thirst topic are you going to have bottled(vial whatever) water or drinking from lakes,streams and such?

You will be able to slake your thirst by drinking various brews already ingame, as well as by drinking from streams and lakes. There will be water skins players will be able to purchase, and you will be able to refill them - that's actually the last major hurdle I have to overcome since it requires a lot of scripting (detecting when the player is near/in water, scripting menus, item replacement stuff etc.)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you played Witcher 2? There is this super cool feature of time-slowing when the quick menu is open. For me, pausing every 30 seconds in a fight was a huge no-no when I tried playing Skyrim. I would say, that should be priority. Also, you should open up a donation option for those of us who would like to express their thanks to you for making all of this.

You will receive periodic prompts, first as subtle audio cues, later with audio/message cues, at final and most dangerous stages I may include special visual cues as well. I'll try to make it as immersive as possible.

AHHHH TUMMY RUMBLES AND YAWNS! XD I can't wait lololol I'll help you record a stomach sound if you need someone who can make the low guttural sound with their throat : :wink:

not sure what sound dry mouth makes though... o_O

@Mansh00ter

Will the effects affect the health/stamina/magicka/regens themselves or their percentages? In other words, will the mod set actual, direct values on the stats or indirect percentages that allow leeway for other mods to change those things?

Current version modifies magicka and stamina regen rates - there is no way for me to affect those in a way which remains compatible with other mods which do the same thing - even if I calculate percentages, at some point I have to apply the changes to the rates.

It does not modify magicka and stamina as such directly, so you can have mods which change those things. However, this applies to Basic Needs portion of TRO. There will be other modules which are likely to change some things, for example how much of each stat you can get while leveling up.

Overall, I'll try to make TRO as compatible with other mods as possible, but with a large mod like this it can be difficult.

Could you tell us more about this upcoming weekend version? Will it include crafting and carrying restrictions? Removal of fast travel?

There will be more detailed info later on. Right now I can tell you for sure that Immersive Lighting (darker ambient interiors, dungeons and nights) will be in, as well as Basic Needs. I will probably also include some quick realism fixes, like no health regen, removal of fast travel, compass icons, etc.

Combat overhaul will take more time to do right, since I have to script in weapon damage types, balance damage and armor protection, blocking... lots of work. As soon as I have something worth playing, I'll release it so everyone can help test it. :P

It's fun to zap tables full of junk with Spark and send it all flying though. Or fry poor sods while they lie helplessly on the floor. Hard to stop myself from just having fun... :devil:

And how does a master level Telekinesis spell that works on everything (yeah, I mean "Force-tossing" people around) sound? I'd love to see if I can script it so that fits in.

Could you tell us more about this upcoming weekend version? Will it include crafting and carrying restrictions? Removal of fast travel?

There will be more detailed info later on. Right now I can tell you for sure that Immersive Lighting (darker ambient interiors, dungeons and nights) will be in, as well as Basic Needs. I will probably also include some quick realism fixes, like no health regen, removal of fast travel, compass icons, etc.

With the removal of health regen, is it going to be easier to find potions lying around or craft them? I know I always end up running out of health potions even with the health regeneration crutch.

With the removal of health regen, is it going to be easier to find potions lying around or craft them? I know I always end up running out of health potions even with the health regeneration crutch.

Nope. So everyone will have to be more careful. BUT, I have yet to see if I will include no health regen as a standalone tweak or in the combat overhaul package (the package also makes it so that you block all damage using your stamina instead of health).