Mod installation confusion/mod recommendations

78stonewobble

Hi guys, It's been quite a while since I've played oblivion and installed any mods. So I've kinda forgotten all of it.

Basically theres quite a few mods I wanna install plus more or less based on recommendations.

The ones I liked in the past are:

Quarls Texture pack

Animated window lighting system (AWLS)

Crowded roads

Natural environments

Vilja companion

Shadowcrest vineyard

Aleswell cottage

Kvatch Rebuilt

Also maybe the unofficial patches.

I have the Game of the year edition with knights of the nine and shivering isles.

Where I'm confused is in what order to install OMOD, OBMM and so forth and when these are installe in what order to install the mods.

Mostly to avoid my old installation mess and get a more clean one to fit with the windows reinstallation.

Thanks in advance and sorry if this turned into a mess of a post.

Hi guys, It's been quite a while since I've played oblivion and installed any mods. So I've kinda forgotten all of it.

Basically theres quite a few mods I wanna install plus more or less based on recommendations.

Quarls Texture pack

Crowded roads

Natural environments

Vilja companion

Shadowcrest vineyard

Aleswell cottage

Kvatch Rebuilt

I have the Game of the year edition with knights of the nine and shivering isles.

Where I'm confused is in what order to install OMOD, OBMM and so forth and when these are installe in what order to install the mods.

Mostly to avoid my old installation mess and get a more clean one to fit with the windows reinstallation.

Well I always put the unofficial patches in first, both the oblivion and SI if you have it.

Then from there make sure you get the OBSE and obmm in any order.

Install your above mods, qarls first because I dont know if AWLS will overwrite qarl textures, and the others in any order as I don't believe any of them conflict.

Before you play run boss to organize your load order. Then launch the game through OBMM with mods checked off and make sure it uses OBSE to startup.

Quarls Texture pack

Crowded roads

Natural environments

Vilja companion

Shadowcrest vineyard

Aleswell cottage

Kvatch Rebuilt

Well I always put the unofficial patches in first, both the oblivion and SI if you have it.

Then from there make sure you get the OBSE and obmm in any order.

Install your above mods, qarls first because I dont know if AWLS will overwrite qarl textures, and the others in any order as I don't believe any of them conflict.

Before you play run boss to organize your load order. Then launch the game through OBMM with mods checked off and make sure it uses OBSE to startup.

Follow Kiyasumeni's recommendations regarding the installation order. As for what mods you want to add on top of the mods you have, you could give us more details i.e what kinds of mods you like such as new lands, landscape, eyecandy, better textures, more quests, overhauls etc etc. Also what are the specs of your system?

Edit: The AWLS will indeed overwrite QTP3 so install the texture pack first before AWLS. I would also suggest getting the OBMM extended because it offers more features than the original one.

Edited by shinobi2008

Hi and thanks for your replies.

My system is:

e8500@3160 mhz (core2 wolfdale)

4 gb kingston hyperx something ddr2

nvidia gtx260 (216 core) with 896 vid mem.

Raid 0 array of 2 640 gb samsung drives.

So far I'm guessing the install order should be:

Quarls Texture pack 3

Unofficial patches

QTP compatibility with UOP

Kvatch Rebuilt

Natural environments

Crowded roads

Shadowcrest vineyard

Aleswell cottage

Vilja companion

Newly downloaded so newest versions.

So far I'm not planning on further mods untill I get this working properly :)

Edited by 78stonewobble

Typically I have allready run into problems.

OBMM reports conflicts in Quarls Texture Pack OMOD.

Specifically that parts 1-9 conflicts with an allready active mod. Which is weird since I only have the game plus expansions installed.

Update...

I decided to ignore the warnings and activate and overwrite with 1, 2, 3 ... Then the unofficial patches then omod'ed the QTP uop patch.

PS:

I game at 1920x1200 but my system could sorta handle the mods. Since its not an fps im ok with semi-low frames per second.

I did seem to max out my videomemory at times so I'm thinking of upgrading the card to either a 6870 with 2 gb or a 560 ti also with 2 gb memory.

Shadowcrest manor had a few places where I was gpu processing limited with severe fps drops. However these were non action scenes. The new cards should be twice as fast in this aspect.

Edited by 78stonewobble