Crashing on Save File loading.

vindicate01

Starting new games works, I can play as long as I want, saving works as it should. Even using the "Continue" option instead of using the "Load" option seems to work. No matter what, though, I can't seem to load saved games (without using the "Continue" option) Doesn't seem to care whether it's an autosave, quicksave, or a manual save.

When I click a saved file to load the game, it opens the loading screen with the load bar at the bottom (you know, the one with those fancy pictures,) and then maybe ... two seconds afterwards, the screen goes black and I get a "we're sorry for the inconvenience" error, followed by CTD.

If there's any solution that doesn't require me to do a reinstall of Oblivion (I'll reinstall mods if I need to, if that's a last resort) but I'm hoping that I can find another solution that doesn't require a reinstall of anything.

Here's the Load Order:

Active Mod Files:

•  00 Oblivion.esm 
•  01 Jog_X_Mod.esm 
•  02 Oscuro's_Oblivion_Overhaul.esm [Version 1.33] 
•  03 Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp [Version 3.2.0] 
•  04 Oblivion Citadel Door Fix.esp 
•  05 Natural_Weather_with_darker_Nights_by_Max_Tael_RD.esp 
•  06 Natural_Habitat_by_Max_Tael.esp 
•  07 Natural_Water_by_Max_Tael.esp 
•  08 Better Bell Sounds.esp 
•  09 Sunlit Interiors 1.31.esp 
•  0A P1DanywhereSittable.esp 
•  0B Cutthroat Merchants.esp 
•  0C Crowded Roads 15.esp 
•  0D Get Wet.esp 
•  0E HouseMapMarkersOnlyBought.esp 
•  0F MapMarkers.esp 
•  10 Realistic Persuasion1.8.esp 
•  11 vermillionandsilverthorn.esp 
•  12 Weapon Expansion Pack for Oblivion Nthusiasts.esp [Version 1.03] 
•  13 Oscuro's_Oblivion_Overhaul.esp [Version 1.33] 
•  14 Cyrodiil transportation network 1.3.esp 
•  15 MolagBalTreasury.esp 
•  16 thievery.esp 
•  17 Natural_Vegetation_by_Max_Tael.esp 
•  18 Real Lava 1.3.esp 
•  19 100% Harvest Chance.esp 
•  1A Dungeon Actors Have Torches 1.6 DT.esp 
•  1B Exterior Actors Have Torches 1.3 DT.esp 
•  1C Everlasting Corpses v 1.0.esp 
•  1D persuasioncompatable1.8.esp 
•  1E Quest Award Leveling.esp 
•  1F Quest Award Leveling - Finger of the Mountain.esp 
•  20 boh_dungeonbgone.esp 
•  21 RealisticForceHigh.esp 
•  22 RealisticMagicForceHigh.esp 
•  23 Magicka Regen x2.esp 
•  24 More Realistic Sneaking 1.9 - Sneaking Changes.esp 
•  25 More Realistic Sneaking 1.9 - Sleepkill Dagger.esp 
•  26 More Realistic Sneaking 1.9 - Sneak Attack Modifiers.esp 
•  27 attack and hide medium v2.1.esp 
•  28 Deadlier Sneaking 1.1.esp 
•  29 No psychic guards harder v1.2.esp 
•  2A exhDual_Wield_Complete.esp 
•  2B OOO-Level_Stock.esp [Version 1.33] 
•  2C Cazy Hairs.esp 
•  2D DemonRace.esp [Version 2.9.16] 
•  2E ElvenRacePack.esp 
•  2F Mysterious Bear's Epic Necromancy + EM.esp 
•  30 HGEC SB Clothing.esp 
•  31 Guts Iron.esp 
•  32 Guts Leather.esp 
•  33 Guts Chainmail.esp 
•  34 Wizardry Mod.esp

I have a theory that it's probably some of the mechanic-changing mods conflicting with the OOO modifications, but that's only a theory. I've attached the BOSS log to this post. The load order is basically configured the way that BOSS set it up to be, so, that's probably not the problem.

If you have any suggestions or ideas, please let me know. I appreciate any help you guys can give me! I've been fighting with these mods to get the perfect play experience for me.

Regards.

Do you get the CTD even if you try the load option on the most recent save? If you do, then I would suggest that this would indicate an issue with the base game itself and not a result of mods being installed.

Starting new games works, I can play as long as I want, saving works as it should. Even using the "Continue" option instead of using the "Load" option seems to work. No matter what, though, I can't seem to load saved games (without using the "Continue" option) Doesn't seem to care whether it's an autosave, quicksave, or a manual save.

When I click a saved file to load the game, it opens the loading screen with the load bar at the bottom (you know, the one with those fancy pictures,) and then maybe ... two seconds afterwards, the screen goes black and I get a "we're sorry for the inconvenience" error, followed by CTD.

If there's any solution that doesn't require me to do a reinstall of Oblivion (I'll reinstall mods if I need to, if that's a last resort) but I'm hoping that I can find another solution that doesn't require a reinstall of anything.

Here's the Load Order:

Active Mod Files:

•  00 Oblivion.esm 
•  01 Jog_X_Mod.esm 
•  02 Oscuro's_Oblivion_Overhaul.esm [Version 1.33] 
•  03 Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp [Version 3.2.0] 
•  04 Oblivion Citadel Door Fix.esp 
•  05 Natural_Weather_with_darker_Nights_by_Max_Tael_RD.esp 
•  06 Natural_Habitat_by_Max_Tael.esp 
•  07 Natural_Water_by_Max_Tael.esp 
•  08 Better Bell Sounds.esp 
•  09 Sunlit Interiors 1.31.esp 
•  0A P1DanywhereSittable.esp 
•  0B Cutthroat Merchants.esp 
•  0C Crowded Roads 15.esp 
•  0D Get Wet.esp 
•  0E HouseMapMarkersOnlyBought.esp 
•  0F MapMarkers.esp 
•  10 Realistic Persuasion1.8.esp 
•  11 vermillionandsilverthorn.esp 
•  12 Weapon Expansion Pack for Oblivion Nthusiasts.esp [Version 1.03] 
•  13 Oscuro's_Oblivion_Overhaul.esp [Version 1.33] 
•  14 Cyrodiil transportation network 1.3.esp 
•  15 MolagBalTreasury.esp 
•  16 thievery.esp 
•  17 Natural_Vegetation_by_Max_Tael.esp 
•  18 Real Lava 1.3.esp 
•  19 100% Harvest Chance.esp 
•  1A Dungeon Actors Have Torches 1.6 DT.esp 
•  1B Exterior Actors Have Torches 1.3 DT.esp 
•  1C Everlasting Corpses v 1.0.esp 
•  1D persuasioncompatable1.8.esp 
•  1E Quest Award Leveling.esp 
•  1F Quest Award Leveling - Finger of the Mountain.esp 
•  20 boh_dungeonbgone.esp 
•  21 RealisticForceHigh.esp 
•  22 RealisticMagicForceHigh.esp 
•  23 Magicka Regen x2.esp 
•  24 More Realistic Sneaking 1.9 - Sneaking Changes.esp 
•  25 More Realistic Sneaking 1.9 - Sleepkill Dagger.esp 
•  26 More Realistic Sneaking 1.9 - Sneak Attack Modifiers.esp 
•  27 attack and hide medium v2.1.esp 
•  28 Deadlier Sneaking 1.1.esp 
•  29 No psychic guards harder v1.2.esp 
•  2A exhDual_Wield_Complete.esp 
•  2B OOO-Level_Stock.esp [Version 1.33] 
•  2C Cazy Hairs.esp 
•  2D DemonRace.esp [Version 2.9.16] 
•  2E ElvenRacePack.esp 
•  2F Mysterious Bear's Epic Necromancy + EM.esp 
•  30 HGEC SB Clothing.esp 
•  31 Guts Iron.esp 
•  32 Guts Leather.esp 
•  33 Guts Chainmail.esp 
•  34 Wizardry Mod.esp

I have a theory that it's probably some of the mechanic-changing mods conflicting with the OOO modifications, but that's only a theory. I've attached the BOSS log to this post. The load order is basically configured the way that BOSS set it up to be, so, that's probably not the problem.

If you have any suggestions or ideas, please let me know. I appreciate any help you guys can give me! I've been fighting with these mods to get the perfect play experience for me.

Regards.

It's my understanding that you want to load a previous save from load list not to continue right? :yes: :excl: :rolleyes: I see you're using Wrye Bash so here's what you could do. Go to the Saves tab and see which mods are required for the save you want to load. Check to see if you're missing a mod that is the master of the save. Without the required mod, the game will crash. :wallbash:

Do you get the CTD even if you try the load option on the most recent save? If you do, then I would suggest that this would indicate an issue with the base game itself and not a result of mods being installed.

Yes, that's how I've been loading the files. I save, but then later on, for instance if I die to a monster or something, I can't load my most recent file without the crash (although Quickload seemed to work as of last night, haven't tried it today). It's rather strange. I suppose the easiest solution would be to not die to a monster, though. But I wish I was that good. :D

It's my understanding that you want to load a previous save from load list not to continue right? :yes: :excl: :rolleyes: I see you're using Wrye Bash so here's what you could do. Go to the Saves tab and see which mods are required for the save you want to load. Check to see if you're missing a mod that is the master of the save. Without the required mod, the game will crash. :wallbash:

And yeah, that's my hope. :P I mean, I -could- just bash the Quickload button every time I die and that would probably work, but it's not convenient.

Is this the right list? If so, it seems to be fine. Nothing is unchecked in the mod list on the right side.

00  Oblivion.esm  [CRC: D670DD74]
01  Jog_X_Mod.esm  [CRC: C7C58B41]
02  Oscuro's_Oblivion_Overhaul.esm  [Version 1.33]  [CRC: C22A0D6B]
03  Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp  [Version 3.2.0]  [CRC: FBE175F0]
04  Oblivion Citadel Door Fix.esp  [CRC: 01B694D9]
05  Natural_Weather_with_darker_Nights_by_Max_Tael_RD.esp  [CRC: 07ED9D34]
06  Natural_Habitat_by_Max_Tael.esp  [CRC: 48A6FB2A]
07  Natural_Water_by_Max_Tael.esp  [CRC: 0642836E]
08  Better Bell Sounds.esp  [CRC: DBF0A1F2]
09  Sunlit Interiors 1.31.esp  [CRC: EB6321DB]
0A  P1DanywhereSittable.esp  [CRC: CAE4ADEE]
0B  Cutthroat Merchants.esp  [CRC: 5DCDC3A3]
0C  Crowded Roads 15.esp  [CRC: CE21168E]
0D  Get Wet.esp  [CRC: 55117752]
0E  HouseMapMarkersOnlyBought.esp  [CRC: 1664DA76]
0F  MapMarkers.esp  [CRC: A4723D66]
10  Realistic Persuasion1.8.esp  [CRC: 79CB69C2]
11  vermillionandsilverthorn.esp  [CRC: 22FDA260]
12  Weapon Expansion Pack for Oblivion Nthusiasts.esp  [Version 1.03]  [CRC: C94BCDFF]
13  Oscuro's_Oblivion_Overhaul.esp  [Version 1.33]  [CRC: ADC22427]
14  Cyrodiil transportation network 1.3.esp  [CRC: 9F3D2A91]
15  MolagBalTreasury.esp  [CRC: 823C48B7]
16  thievery.esp  [CRC: D5951BC9]
17  Natural_Vegetation_by_Max_Tael.esp  [CRC: B02B5753]
18  Real Lava 1.3.esp  [CRC: 3B308C4D]
19  100% Harvest Chance.esp  [CRC: BEA151B8]
1A  Dungeon Actors Have Torches 1.6 DT.esp  [CRC: 00B1CF2D]
1B  Exterior Actors Have Torches 1.3 DT.esp  [CRC: B368B087]
1C  Everlasting Corpses v 1.0.esp  [CRC: 996F3809]
1D  persuasioncompatable1.8.esp  [CRC: 91122BB1]
1E  Quest Award Leveling.esp  [CRC: F235160D]
1F  Quest Award Leveling - Finger of the Mountain.esp  [CRC: 61091349]
20  boh_dungeonbgone.esp  [CRC: C7C0DC07]
21  RealisticForceHigh.esp  [CRC: EC7D5DFE]
22  RealisticMagicForceHigh.esp  [CRC: D3949023]
23  Magicka Regen x2.esp  [CRC: 7A2DB051]
24  More Realistic Sneaking 1.9 - Sneaking Changes.esp  [CRC: 553563FF]
25  More Realistic Sneaking 1.9 - Sleepkill Dagger.esp  [CRC: DE3DC8DE]
26  More Realistic Sneaking 1.9 - Sneak Attack Modifiers.esp  [CRC: A92BEB98]
27  attack and hide medium v2.1.esp  [CRC: 12851BC6]
28  Deadlier Sneaking 1.1.esp  [CRC: 5BC0EF68]
29  No psychic guards harder v1.2.esp  [CRC: A43BE46F]
2A  exhDual_Wield_Complete.esp  [CRC: 47BD490F]
2B  OOO-Level_Stock.esp  [Version 1.33]  [CRC: D25FFD1E]
2C  Cazy Hairs.esp  [CRC: 195024A6]
2D  DemonRace.esp  [Version 2.9.16]  [CRC: C3229ECA]
2E  ElvenRacePack.esp  [CRC: 43ED92BF]
2F  Mysterious Bear's Epic Necromancy + EM.esp  [CRC: 0AB56ABA]
30  HGEC SB Clothing.esp  [CRC: 90620982]
31  Guts Iron.esp  [CRC: 209B8687]
32  Guts Leather.esp  [CRC: 99B977FE]
33  Guts Chainmail.esp  [CRC: FF109562]
34  Wizardry Mod.esp  [CRC: 4AD1DA57]

Thanks for the responses, guys!

Edited by vindicate01

Unfortunately, the game is not perfect, and corruption can occur for any number of reasons. The only possible solution I can see for this issue would be to do a fresh install of the base game with updates and unofficial updates to see if the issue has been taken care of. If the fresh install works ok, then install your mods, 1 or 2 at a time and test to be sure it is still working. This may not prevent things from happening in the future, but it might resolve issues for the present time.

I know you didn't want to hear this solution, but some times we have to bite the bullet and do what needs to be done. If you feel that there might be another option, the only thing I could suggest would be to clear your drive of temp files and defrag to see if that helps the issue. I seriously think that you are going to end up having to reinstall though. I might as well suggest at this time that you ensure that you install the game into a folder outside program files just in case that could be an issue for the future. Create a folder named C:\Oblivion or C:\Games\Oblivion so that you are outside of the program files folder.

Unfortunately, the game is not perfect, and corruption can occur for any number of reasons. The only possible solution I can see for this issue would be to do a fresh install of the base game with updates and unofficial updates to see if the issue has been taken care of. If the fresh install works ok, then install your mods, 1 or 2 at a time and test to be sure it is still working. This may not prevent things from happening in the future, but it might resolve issues for the present time.

I know you didn't want to hear this solution, but some times we have to bite the bullet and do what needs to be done. If you feel that there might be another option, the only thing I could suggest would be to clear your drive of temp files and defrag to see if that helps the issue. I seriously think that you are going to end up having to reinstall though. I might as well suggest at this time that you ensure that you install the game into a folder outside program files just in case that could be an issue for the future. Create a folder named C:\Oblivion or C:\Games\Oblivion so that you are outside of the program files folder.

It's in a custom folder, not even on the C drive.

Anyway, I was able to load normally earlier, and sometimes it just seems to work. I don't know what's going on, but there's certain times that I -can- use the Load function just fine and others where I can't, doesn't seem to be a pattern, although I think it's mainly doing it in exterior areas. This makes me think it might be the weather mod or one of the other "Natural Environment" mods, but I have the fixed version of the weather.

Edited by vindicate01

It crashed when using Continue at one point today, and I had to load my file using the Load function ... this is just strange. I don't understand what its problem is. Lol.

Also seems my most recent file won't load with -either-. Argh!

Edited by vindicate01

Do you use either quicksave or autosaves? The game is known to have save corruption issues using either of those options. Either use save off the Esc menu (and don't overwrite ... save in a new slot each time) or use named saves from the console.

Do you use either quicksave or autosaves? The game is known to have save corruption issues using either of those options. Either use save off the Esc menu (and don't overwrite ... save in a new slot each time) or use named saves from the console.

Autosave I don't use a whole lot, although Autosaves almost seem to work the best, but then again there doesn't appear to be any pattern of the crashing. What's the command for named saves?

Thanks!