Installing Mods?

Dragonpurse

Without even seeing the game I can tell you what your problem is. When you install the game all the assets it needs are inside those bsa files, which are just compressed archives, similar idea to zip or 7z archives. If you looked inside those bsa files you'd see all the folders that are required for the game to find it's assets (there will be meshes and textures and sounds folders for example). When you want to add a mod it needs to either replace or augment the assets found in the bsa files. To do so it needs to conform to the folder structure the game was designed to work with (i.e. meshes would need to be in the meshes folder or the proper subfolder below meshes). If you've never installed a mod the meshes, textures sounds folders won't be seen in your Data folder, as they are all located within the bsa files. After you have properly installed the mod you will see the folders within your Data folder. The rule of thumb when copying using the right click copy and paste method is always paste into one directory level higher than you copied from. If you right click and copy the folder 'meshes' from your extracted download, you would right the 'Data' folder in your game install and select paste ... if you start from the 'Data' folder in your extracted download you will paste into the 'Skyrim' folder.

This is my data folder inside the Skyrim root folder:

http://i44.tinypic.com/25qygbo.png

I'm trying to install "No More Blocky Faces" by Xenius

Problem is, my game does not have folders but ".bsa" extension files

It does have folders as you can see by the Interface/Strings etc.

OK I have downloaded that mod and extracted it.

It gives me a folder called No_More_Blocky_Faces-1_30-30

Inside of that folder there is a Data folder. Copy it.

Paste it into your Skyrim directory.

It will say something along the lines of you already have a Data folder. Just overwrite it.

Now when you go into your Skyrim/Data folder you will see the added textures folder. All should be good to go.

I have a feeling some people are putting the mod Data folders inside the Skyrim/Data folder rather than the Skyrim root folder. That won't work.

when I opened the no more blocky faces it just came up with the files there was no folder what do i do

edit ive created the folders manually ill go check if its worked

Depends how you extracted them but there is certainly a folder hierarchy with that mod.

Edited by Smosh