LordofWar - 3 Armor Mods Deleted From Database

H00V3RD8M

Well he claims to have mods on Beth but when he was asked even by Dark0ne to tell us what his mods were so we could maybe check out his work he responded to Dark0ne by saying he sent him a personal message. He, for whatever reasons, will not reveal what his mods are. Maybe he's afraid that someone will steal them and put them on Nexus... :smile: He's basically here just to troll.

I do not mind outting this dude. Here is his Betheda.net account. https://community.bethesda.net/people/straycat/content

Go give all his mods 1 star, since you can do that on Beth.net without even having downloaded the file. LOL What a joke.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well he claims to have mods on Beth but when he was asked even by Dark0ne to tell us what his mods were so we could maybe check out his work he responded to Dark0ne by saying he sent him a personal message. He, for whatever reasons, will not reveal what his mods are. Maybe he's afraid that someone will steal them and put them on Nexus... :smile: He's basically here just to troll.

I do not mind outting this dude. Here is his Betheda.net account. https://community.bethesda.net/people/straycat/content

Go give all his mods 1 star, since you can do that on Beth.net without even having downloaded the file. LOL What a joke.

Well I'd never do that myself. Like to think I'm better than that. But at least we can see what his mods are.

Your particular problem is that you are trying to mob me out of the discussion. You use signal words like "troll", hoping for a moderator to remove me.

In the time you've been a member of this site, you've endorsed zero mods here. Do you consider yourself in support of modding as a whole? Or in support of the website that hosts mods which are stolen? If you have authored mods of your own, then why would your stance not be to support modding, and to reject the site which seems to not care about mod-theft? Or, are you simply here to antagonize and troll the modders on this site? It seems to be the case that you do nothing but turn discussions into disputes, and all the while, you don't endorse anything here. Why is that?

The same for you. You are trying to construct an argument where if I do agree with Bethesda, I am accessory to mod theft. Also who made you the endorsement police?

I support Bethesda 100% and there is nothing you can do about it.

I do not mind outting this dude. Here is his Betheda.net account. https://community.be...traycat/content

When I got into a discussion with Doombased on Bethesda.net, as soon as the usual "what mods did you even make" came up, I linked my mod and it went from nearly 5/5 at 12 votes to 3/5 at 14 votes within 3 minutes. Talk about passive-agressive.

I do not mind outting this dude. Here is his Betheda.net account. https://community.be...traycat/content

When I got into a discussion with Doombased on Bethesda.net, as soon as the usual "what mods did you even make" came up, I linked my mod and it went from nearly 5/5 at 12 votes to 3/5 at 14 votes within 3 minutes. Talk about passive-agressive.

I was just joking, but it's sad because it is true.

His mod was never in question and has always been here in discussion.

(https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/4589690-wip-new-landmass-murphy-wildlands/&do=findComment&comment=39681910)

There never was any secrets to hide, none I can see.

Lelcat is just a modder who needs help, could have gone about it in other ways but to error is human.

Lod issues can be handled externally or internally, it depends on the PC structure of the file.

All I wanted to say here so please don't drag me into any of this. Help him fix the issue, I don't run xbox data.

His mod was never in question and has always been here in discussion.

(https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/4589690-wip-new-landmass-murphy-wildlands/&do=findComment&comment=39681910)

There never was any secrets to hide, none I can see.

Lelcat is just a modder who needs help, could have gone about it in other ways but to error is human.

Lod issues can be handled externally or internally, it depends on the PC structure of the file.

All I wanted to say here so please don't drag me into any of this. Help him fix the issue, I don't run xbox data.

Thanks for the tip. I actually stumbled over a solution last night. I had to tweak some of the ini files to accept the LODSETTINGS folder.

@AnvilOfWar

If Bethesda wants a modding community at all, they need to change and change now, and not later. You are just about a sentence or two away from outright supporting mod theft, which I find revolting. This community DID NOT spring up overnight, nor did it just pop into existence when Fallout 4 was released. It's been going on for 14+ YEARS, Bethesda's willful ignorance of how it has overall worked in this time is telling, they don't give a flaming fart about the community and it shows. You use "User base" and "customer base" like they are any different, no one paid for the use of any mods, however Bethesda featured the game and listed "mods for consoles" as a SELLING point. Which in turn brought in a massive influx of people that have largely no idea how the modding community's trust has been built up over years, however that same influx HAS created some of the most entitled users I have ever seen. They have no care for the modders rights, ACTIVELY disparage authors, steal anything and everything they get their hands on, all the while being cheered on by console users who only care that they are somehow entitled to a new mod.

I just wanted to react to this.

From my point of view and from what you wrote, you are this type of person we have in France (maybe in other countries too). They were here at the start, they understood the community and the situation at the beginning. But the situation evolved, and they refused to see the change. "It will ever be as before, I can assure you Ma'am!". And then they no longer understand.

No offense, just my impression.

===================================================================================

Now, for the core of your message :

The community has changed. It comes from every country, from every generation and every culture. Bethesda understood that and it's reflected in Fallout 4 (did I miss prostitution and slavery in this game ?). Call it "casualization" if you want (is there a word for that in English ?)

Bethesda is a huge company. They make games, but they are here for business. For a lot of people (and surely Bethesda), modders are users that simply modify their games (Fallout 4 or else) with the help of tools they are releasing (GECK). For simplification, you are using/modifying someone's work (Bethesda Games Studios). Obviously they are going to promote their game with it since you use it ! And don't talk about Time/"From scratch meshes/textures/quest/etc", you still need the game (or the engine, the code or I don't know what else) the company made to use it. And the community will accept it because, "u no", you're using their tools/game to mod. Bethesda is here to make cash, and if they need to promote modding for their game, it's their most total right.

I talked about the community's changes. The new generation (maybe I am part of it) grew up with this simple expression "Multi-platform". Yeah, when a game is multi platform, like Fallout 4, people are waiting of it that it has exactly the SAME features for every platform. The platform is just a personal choice (price, comfort, social features...). And then they arrive at the mod store (or storage, I don't know the word) and...

Vlaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmm !!! "Sacrebleu", as you like to write, English people (yeah, sorry, nobody say that in French, not even the elder ones).

Why this mod is on PC and not on my X1/PS4 ? Or why is this mod on consoles and not on my PC ? So they ask, some ask twice, some more, some want it now. (Maybe they are teen ? Do not be naïve, they are teen. I was myself 17 when I started FO4, and younger with FO3). But what they got ? No explanations, no responses...

Just "No, I don't like console users" "No, you are not a part of my community, we only accept PC users" "No, modding is for PC, not console" "No, you are all thieves"

But what a childish reaction OO

It is a huge new part of the community but you are all closing them the door at the nose (yeah, french expression, any equivalent ?). "We do not want of you"

They never got mod, it's all new, but instead of teaching them, you treated them as thieves (they are what, hundred for millions ?). All of them.

TL;DR : There are efforts to make on both side. But especially on PC users. Yes, us. (Apart threats, that this is highly condamnable. My support to Lordofwar on this).

What you seem to forget : it is just a game and from an outside view, this is a just a fight of kids. Especially for something free.

Your particular problem is that you are trying to mob me out of the discussion. You use signal words like "troll", hoping for a moderator to remove me.

Wrong on so many counts. First you are a troll without a doubt. No denying that whatsoever. Second I'm not just saying that in hopes that by doing so will get a moderator to remove you. I could really care less if you are here or not. Would I prefer not to have to wade thru threads and seeing your negative crap all of the time. Well sure but you are entitled to post whatever you want even if it's mostly nothing more than trolling. :yes:

Ok, fair enough, Lelcat, you don't have to show support to modders by endorsing their work. I don't think that's the end of the world. But it appears that you take it seriously when your mod receives downvotes, so you do on some level understand what it means to have support given to your own mod, how it is a payoff of sorts, as the author, and, how it feels to have the product of your efforts, for lack of a better word - diminished, by receiving downvotes.

Now imagine how it would feel to have your work stolen, and uploaded, with someone else receiving credit for your work, while the host site does nothing about it. You are 100% supporting Bethsda.net while this very scenario takes place, and you are a mod author. It's unbelievable.

Edited by RaffTheSweetling