Picking up items Oblivion style

mrschnuffels

This is a request to fix the pick up items ability for skyrim. I'm not typing about putting in your inventory I am typing about actually picking stuff up in the game and moving it around.

You can do this in skyrim but really all you can do is pick up and drop, up...down....up....down....boring.

I want what you could do in oblivion back, how you could pick an item up and rotate it on its y and x axis letting you put things just about any where you wanted how you wanted it.

I loved decorating my home with all the nik naks I collected over my journey like how I would line my bedroom with many different helmets and armors or how I would take the armor and weapon molds from the shivering isles and make forts with them (they were big blocks). I want to be able to personalize my place my way again.

I like how they stack the many metal ingots in the game now and would love to take the hundreds I have now and make a big pyramid with them.

They just seemed to simplify a lot of abilities in skyrim from what you could do in oblivion and I think that was a mistake.

Anyone else agree

Edit: Thanks to Tommo120 for adding the idea of locking items you place ....in place. :P This is so they don't go flying around when you accidentally hit them and when you want to unlock them a move them just pick it up like normal.

Edited by mrschnuffels

I agree, you accidentally knock a goblet over in Skyrim and you can forget about ever putting it upright again.

That weird glitch where if you enter your house / sit down and all your food / small items go flying everywhere also needs to be fixed, spent so much time having to go and pick the bowl back up and refill it with apples again lol.

hold the pickup button(E for pc) and you drag the item around... is that what you want?

No I mean when you hold e to pick up you can then rotate the item in the air using the mouse buttons (right click to rotate x axis, left click to rotate on y axis). This way you can place an item down in the game any way you want not just picking it up and moving it.

Additionally, it would be kinda "realistic" of someone could increase the "weight" of all items. Don't know how often I walk over something (bones, plates, whatever) and they fly to the other side of the room. Also the dragon skelets can "fly" around only by windpower. Very strange physics.

I don't think you could rotate items that you picked up in Oblivion without a mod. Unless I'm mistaken the physics are exactly the same (grabbing-wise) as Oblivion, F3 and F:NV.

But I agree, I think someone should make a mod for this.

I don't think you could rotate items that you picked up in Oblivion without a mod. Unless I'm mistaken the physics are exactly the same (grabbing-wise) as Oblivion, F3 and F:NV.

But I agree, I think someone should make a mod for this.

No you didn't need a mod. I used to have Oblivion on the 360 before I got it for PC and was able to do it then.

Honestly it just seems weird that they didn't improve on the ability by making it easier to control and place, not downgrading it like they did.

Kinda like Feng Shui for Fallout?

I would like this too it would make it nice when you go to place things down in your home.

I am not use to the interact key to also be a picking up / moving key. Too familiar with "Z" and find myself shouting at objects in anger a-lot causing things to go flying across rooms.

I'll get the hang of it.... one day.

+1 for this mod.

Edited by Topher1