is there a way to set up fireing modes for weapons

hoofhearted4

i now how to change the rate of fire of a weapon, but not sure how to set up how many bullets it shoots with each shot

for example, i have a custom Gauss Rifle that id love to set up in 3 round bursts. the two things i see are # of projectiles which im guessing is like buckshot for a shotgun, and ammo used. which im about to test, but i feel like thats just gunna mean it uses 3 ammo per shot but doesnt actually fire 3 rounds. also itd be sweet if i could change fireing modes to single shot and full auto as well in the same manner as how i could change ammo.

not sure if this was even possible, but i have very minimal knowledge on how this stuff works, so i figured id ask

Edited by hoofhearted4

I have this inner sinking feeling that the only way to accomplish it would be to switch guns via script when you change the rate, ending up having two or three identical guns with different fire rates being changed out.

Sad, though, because sometimes it's just more efficient for burst fire than spray and pray.

yea thats what i figured would be the only way to do it.

and i just tried it, and the ammo used function only consumes 3 ammo, but doesnt actually fire 3 rounds, so i guess i dont even know how to make a weapon do 3 shot burst fire.

is any of this possible? :P

does it require a mod to just give a weapon 3 shot burst or is that something i can easily do in GECK?

and thanks for the select fire mod link!!!

EDIT: it doesnt really matter. putting the Gauss Rifle on automatic really messes up the animation. i guess ill just live with single shot :P

Edited by hoofhearted4