Aggro'ing dragons that just fly above you?

Xothic

So I constantly encounter Dragons flying high above me, clearly circling me, but no matter what I do I can't get them to come down and fight me. They are way too far out of range to hit with arrows or basic shouts, so I was just wondering if there is something I'm meant to be doing to get the little bastards to fly down and die?

Yeah, I have that particular ability, the problem is, it only works when the dragon is already fighting you. I'm talking about when they are flying WAY above you, with aparently no intention of landing and fighting. I've had several dragons simply fly into the distance while I shoot arrows at them in a vain attempt to garner their attention.

EDIT: Above^ Really? I thought the stronger dragons only spawned if you were higher level :O

Edited by Xothic

Yeah, I have that particular ability, the problem is, it only works when the dragon is already fighting you. I'm talking about when they are flying WAY above you, with aparently no intention of landing and fighting. I've had several dragons simply fly into the distance while I shoot arrows at them in a vain attempt to garner their attention.

EDIT: Above^ Really? I thought the stronger dragons only spawned if you were higher level :O

I could be wrong, i suppose- but i've always noticed that i see more of them at lower levels at higher levels. Almost all dragons i come across now aggro onto me straight away, but back near the start only a few would.

Could be they are just interested in sight seeing or looking for something more substantial to eat, like a plump cow or a moose or two.

Or, they have a bit of Coyote blood in them and just love messing with your head.

Remember, not all dragons are aggressive - most still follow Alduin's... 'teachings', but some are simply another element of the wildlife, like the elk or the bunnies.

I don't remember where I was at the time, but I experienced this "disinterested dragon" flying in the distance, and despite running directly under the flight path and flinging arrows, I could not get its attention. Then, at the nearby town, the guards commented about a dragon nearby and the dragon attacked not long after.