Skyrim Physics

gforce301

Searched but couldn't find anyone with the same issue...

Sometimes when entering a room all of the physics objects such as candles, baskets, weaponry, basically any movable item, go berserk flying around the room insanely fast. Sometimes they hit you and hurt you.

Sounds really weird and sometimes there's a loud banging noise (as when the items start going berserk, but can't move anywhere). As soon as they get unstuck they start flying around the room.

This happened to me once, but it was a body. This would happen pretty after in Fallout 3, too, when I'd load a quicksave that was around any dead Protectron robot, it was fly super far up or away. It seems some of the same physics anomalies and problems exist in Skyrim's rebuilt engine.

gamebryo engine- happens in every bethesda game.

It isn't the Gamebryo engine anymore, it's a big reconstruction of it. It's quite a different engine now, although it has some of the same issues...another being that objects sometimes still hover over surfaces...like an urn a few inches above a dresser.

gamebryo engine- happens in every bethesda game.

It isn't the Gamebryo engine anymore, it's a big reconstruction of it. It's quite a different engine now, although it has some of the same issues...another being that objects sometimes still hover over surfaces...like an urn a few inches above a dresser.

Actually it's Gamebryo with a bit of make-up and tons of middleware thrown in. It's not bad, of course, it's an excellent engine, but it's nothing new, just the same old Gamebyro, but fixed and improved.

Bethesda even said it's a new engine. Rebuilt, at the least. I didn't read every article put out about it only to misunderstand that haha.

I read it was something to do with disabling Vsync, I disabled mine and my game is full of poltergeists.

Bethesda even said it's a new engine. Rebuilt, at the least. I didn't read every article put out about it only to misunderstand that haha.

"Bethesda said" is the problem there, they're no strangers to lying though their teeth in the lead up to a release.