Moonbase Gamma

Flowerguy360

Let me first state that this project would likely require a team of modders, and I am not qualified to lead it (though if this were to happen, I'd love to help). Honestly, it isn't a fully fleshed-out idea, either, but that just leaves it open for more development.

Six years ago, the Lone Wanderer destroyed the Mothership. Moonbase Gamma follows what happens in the wake of that destruction.

Before the Great War, mankind had two bases on the moon: One belonging to the Chinese, and one belonging to America.

These bases were home to mining colonies.

When the Mothership was destroyed, it crashed on the moon. The surviving aliens and the few human survivors living in the bases have been locked in a conflict ever since, with the humans from both groups having been gradually pushed further and further back until joining together (in an uneasy peace, at best) against their common foe in Moonbase Gamma.

Moonbase Gamma would consist of a few locations:

Moonbase Bravo (the American Base)

Moonbase Zhou (the Chinese Base)

Mothership Wreckage

Zhou Mines

Bravo Mines

The Surface (requires Spacesuit PA to survive)

Moonbase Delta (a classified research facility akin to Big MT)

Moonbase Gamma (an unfinished moonbase, last bastion of human survivors)

Moonbase Delta would be a great place for a variety of possible stories, from FEV ghouls/mutants, to alien-abducted tunnelers or even FEV-dipped aliens.

The quest could start with something as simple as having the option to repair a crashed UFO, which then engages an auto-pilot taking the Sole Survivor to the moon.

As I said, this is just a rough idea, but it could be a lot of fun.