[LE] How do I add custom Weapons/Armor to a Standalone Custom Follower?

How do I add custom Weapons/Armor to a Standalone Custom Follower?

I don't think this is as easy as it might seem. I tried to do it with a new Standalone Follower I am making but it didn't show up in her inventory.

I have all the proper .nif files and textures in the proper places in the folders. All the nif files point to the proper textures.

In CK I created new weapon and armor set and pointed those to the custom sets in the mod folder but its not showing up in game.

I know this is possible because I have seen others do it.

How do I fix this?

Please explain clearly in needed steps if you know.

I have Multiple Sclerosis so concentration can be a problem.

A link to a video tutorial and/or text based tutorial to do this would be extremely helpful if anyone knows one.

Load up the esps from the resources you want to use, and set them higher in load order than your follower mod. Set it as a master, set your follower mod to active, copy the records such as armor addons, armor, weapons and 1st person weapon statics over, give them a unique prefix, tweak them to point to your new, copied, tweaked records. Save, quit, delete the resource esps, but not the nif/ dds files. Load up your follower mod, give them to your follower via inventory in actor tab/ outfits. Save. Done.

Should really add this to my custom-voiced followers tutorial.

Edited by mlee3141

I sorta understand.

but I already made a new set of armor/weapons in CK (right click> New) and in those records I pointed it to the proper meshes in My follower mod.

I made sure those items were in followers Inventory.

The Armor is the Black Rose set and the sword is the Dragonbone Katana.

So I would have to load those mods up with My follower mod? Then just make copies of those records with unique prefix.

Such as Black Rose Curiass>Right click> Duplicate> rename dupilcate?

I don't know what you mean by set them as master though.

It takes Me a min here LOL Mind is muddled alot.

Are you sure the weapons and armor are working right in game? Can you equip them on your character?

If they are, make sure that the follower has the weapons in their inventory. Armor works best if you assign it as the default outfit.

Creating an outfit:

The outfits are under Items in the CK, right click and create new or edit an existing one. To add armor to it, drag and drop the armor into the window. To delete one, highlight and push delete.

Assigning:

It's assigned in the inventory tab (very top) on the NPC window. Ignore the 'sleep outfit', that isn't used.

If the armor works correctly, your follower will wear it by default unless given something better in game.

There's a lot of great info at http://www.creationkit.com/

Are you sure the weapons and armor are working right in game? Can you equip them on your character?

If they are, make sure that the follower has the weapons in their inventory. Armor works best if you assign it as the default outfit.

Creating an outfit:

The outfits are under Items in the CK, right click and create new or edit an existing one. To add armor to it, drag and drop the armor into the window. To delete one, highlight and push delete.

Assigning:

It's assigned in the inventory tab (very top) on the NPC window. Ignore the 'sleep outfit', that isn't used.

If the armor works correctly, your follower will wear it by default unless given something better in game.

yes they work in game.

Its the Black Rose Armor and the Dragonbone Katana from Immersive Weapons. Both work in My game and for other people otherwise that mod author would have a storm on his upload comments.

I have all the proper permissions and I have the follower made I just need to get the items to show up in game

Set the esps from the resources you want to use as active, and higher in load order than your follower mod. Set it as a master, set your follower mod to active, copy the records such as armor addons, armor, weapons and 1st person weapon statics over, give them a unique prefix, tweak them to point to your new, copied, tweaked records. Save, quit, delete the resource esps, but not the nif/ dds files. Load up your follower mod, give them to your follower via inventory in actor tab/ outfits. Save. Done.

Should really add this to my custom-voiced followers tutorial.

When you say set the resources as active do you mean just check the box? Because I can only have one "active file" when I open CK. I can add other esps into the load order (is that what you meant?)

But the problem when I do it that way is after saving will the newly renamed items show in the CK after I load the follower mod minus the esp files?

Creating an outfit:

Assigning:

yes they work in game.

Its the Black Rose Armor and the Dragonbone Katana from Immersive Weapons. Both work in My game and for other people otherwise that mod author would have a storm on his upload comments.

I have all the proper permissions and I have the follower made I just need to get the items to show up in game

Also I understand how to create outfits and give them to My NPC. That isn't the problem. The problem is how to give them the custom items in so that they will show up in game. The mod has the proper meshes and textures in place in the mod folder (mod loaded in MO already)

Active as in just loading them up, not actually setting them to active. Sorry, I'm quite busy; will revise the two posts.

ok cool I get that now. So I would just copy the items by duplicating them correct? And then make sure those items meshes and textures are in My Mod folder with the nifs pointing to the correct paths in My mod... then save the follower, reload without the extra ESPs and then put the new items into their inventory in place of the ones I had?