Skyrim: Less Harsh Hardcore Mode

19logan91

Ok while this sort of subject has probly been beaten to death i just wanted to though my current ideas out there ;]

• Master Difficulty
  • Death Requires Revert To Save In Last Town
  • Level Up Requires Town
  • No Making Potions
  • No Spec'ing Into Restoration Tree (Using spells is fine just no perks)
  • No Fast Travel Besides Carriages
  • No 3rd Person Besides Looking At Your Character For Fun ;]

Basically I was doing the whole restart your character (i was starting from lvl 1 in whiterun no perks spent) on death, but ummm i kinda died in really fail ways ex. i feared an assassin into a group of ice wolves :/ my poor little breton got 2 shotted

So this is my way of bringing some scattered thoughts together to make the death punishment still harsh but while not so harsh that you would really just not want to play.

So what do you think?

Ok while this sort of subject has probly been beaten to death i just wanted to though my current ideas out there ;]

• Master Difficulty
  • Death Requires Revert To Save In Last Town
  • Level Up Requires Town
  • No Making Potions
  • No Spec'ing Into Restoration Tree (Using spells is fine just no perks)
  • No Fast Travel Besides Carriages
  • No 3rd Person Besides Looking At Your Character For Fun ;]

Basically I was doing the whole restart your character (i was starting from lvl 1 in whiterun no perks spent) on death, but ummm i kinda died in really fail ways ex. i feared an assassin into a group of ice wolves :/ my poor little breton got 2 shotted

So this is my way of bringing some scattered thoughts together to make the death punishment still harsh but while not so harsh that you would really just not want to play.

So what do you think?

This is just what i think but here i go

I play on master 100% of the time, straight from the start of the game....it's easy mode and not hard enough!!!!!

No fast travel besides carriages? i do the same because i hate fast travelling and the carriages are fine as morrowind had the silt striders and they too went to the major cities

no 3rd person unless looking at your toon? idk about anybody else but i switch from 1st and 3rd person all the time, not just when exploring but even in combat...

How about actually making the cooking feature necessary? Like making your character eat and sleep. Would add to the immersion and make hunting all of those elk a lot more useful. You wouldn't even have too look to hard to find food given the abundance of salmon and the like, you'd just have to carry some salt with you and take a quick swim.

At the moment people don't even need to use beds anymore like they had to in Morrowind and Oblivion to level up. There's no point in sleeping except for the small bonus. And if you're a werewolf there's no point in sleeping at all since you wouldn't get the bonus anyways.

Edited by RaynorX

How about actually making the cooking feature necessary? Like making your character eat and sleep. Would add to the immersion and make hunting all of those elk a lot more useful. You wouldn't even have too look to hard to find food given the abundance of salmon and the like, you'd just have to carry some salt with you and take a quick swim.

At the moment people don't even need to use beds anymore like they had to in Morrowind and Oblivion to level up. There's no point in sleeping except for the small bonus. And if you're a werewolf there's no point in sleeping at all since you wouldn't get the bonus anyways.

wait for realism mods...come to think of it, really don't get how new vegas had this feature but skyrim didn't i mean there are realism mods dating to well as far as i know..morrowind...which i have installed ( the mods i mean )

love the realism, and yes beds are useless in skyrim pretty much now -.-

Potions and restoration perks are actually part of the game. But third person, fast travel and quickloading are gameplay mechanics. I'm all for limiting gameplay mechanics for a more hardcore game experience, but I wouldn't go so far as to remove parts of the game.