help with FNV freezes/crashes

WrathofOmega666

thanks!! i've been working with FNVedit quite a bit since yesteday but haven't tried the game out yet...

turns out i had a TON of conflicts -_-

i'm now proceeding to mess around with the load order to see what that does if anything :D

speaking of which...any suggestions as to what it should generally look like?

as in like should Companion mods be first, middle or last? (that was just a random example)

i'm now proceeding to mess around with the load order to see what that does if anything :D

speaking of which...any suggestions as to what it should generally look like?

as in like should Companion mods be first, middle or last? (that was just a random example)

You'll get a lot of different opinions about that, and some of it boils down to personal preference. The lower your mod is listed in your load order, the more that mod is considered the final word for what it changes. Selecting the load order is the first step you take in deciding which rules are going to be considered final.

Think of the load order as a stack, with FalloutNV.esm at the very bottom and everything else laying on top of it. The mod at the bottom of the list is the one that gets final visibility.

Example: Project Nevada DLC patches and IMCN. They conflict, in the sense that they change many of the same food and beverage records. List IMCN before Nevada, and the Nevada changes will take priority. Personally, I want IMCN to have final word in anything related to what it touches, so I keep IMCN fairly low in my order. In this sense, I'm telling FNV: "Do whatever Project Nevada says, unless IMCN wants to do something different, and then give IMCN control." That's what happens when you load a mod low in the order.

Keep learning FNVEdit. As you learn what individual records do, you'll learn to identify the exact game changes that those mods make. It won't take you long. Then you can change your load order to shift precedence around, or create merge or override patches (read the manual) to resolve conflicts individually by hand. That'll take you to a rock solid game.

well now it seems my game won't load up AT ALL

even with NO mods selected. just the base game and the DLC

CTD on start up

i'm ready to tear my hair out because of this as i've installed and reinstalled at least 4x already

so i'm wondering if i'll ever be able to run FNV with mods -_-

well here's to #5 -_-

i'll keep you guys updated

EDIT: got my base game working

Edited by WrathofOmega666

YAY!!!! i think i have most of my Conflicts smoothed out!

just a few remain

mostly navigational mesh issues that i can't seem to fix for the death of me D:

i swear if i EVER have to do this again i'll scream XD

sooo anyone know how to fix navigational mesh conflicts?

thanks again guys for all the help!!

EDIT : whoo hoo!!! all that's left is indeed navigational mesh conflicts!!! lots of them though T_T

but everything else is fine!!! the game still CTD's on start up but it think that's cause of something else :D a mod or something that it doesn't like or whatever. :D

EDIT 2: oookkkaaayyy... seems i may have spoken too soon -_-

after playing for a bit i now now a ton more conflicts... and idk how the hell that happened *groan*

i'm about ready to give up ...

unless someone wants to be awesome and fix it for me then show me how you did it...<.<

lol this has to be the most FINICKY game i've ever used mods with XD

first it works then not etc etc. lol

not crashing anymore... BUT it freezes sometimes now when i try to fast Travel