TARDIS mod, anyone?

r4y30n

• 4 weeks later...
There are a few people who made the Oblivion TARDIS, but it was mainly murfy27 and Drekmoor. According to the discussion on Drekmoor's TARDIS mod page, they aren't keen on working on the Oblivion mod any more, as they're working on the Skyrim version already. So, your request is, apparently, already being answered! :) You could always message Drekmoor and see what their plans are?

• 1 year later...

Hi. I made a tardis mod but sort of gave up on it before i released it to the public. It's a summon spell, so you cast it and the blue phone box appears nearby. you enter it like a door (or you can make it just go away). the inside is an octogon with doors to a library and enchanting room. there are also doors to a world space with an alchemy area and a blacksmithing area. there is also a recall spell, so if you put the blue box somewhere, you can teleport back to it.

i had it set to appear at a targeted location for a bit, but then everything just went to crap. it mostly works, but the target is gone so depending where you cast the spell the blue box could clip outside walls and such. i pretty much made the world space for the alchemy and blacksmith bit wrong, and i think that should just be redone. the library and enchanting rooms are pretty humble. there is a fair bit of storage and manequins and such. i put display boxes in there thinking i could display stuff, but as it turns out those things throw objects all over the place. i had companions walk up and open and close lids for no reason either. they're still there, but annoying.

generally speaking all of the art/assets/models are mostly placeholders and could use more detail. this was a project to see what i could do, but then other things occupied my time and i'm not sure i will be able to prioritize my time to improve it much (though i've been using in it's current state when i play). if anyone wants to run with it i would be glad to share the assets and advise however i can.

• 2 months later...

I had an idea for a "Tardis" though, not actually the Doctors, it was more of a dwarven space-time manipulator device that functioned exactly like one, and essentially just worked as a movable home, with maybe some really cool "Special" locations you could visit.

Midas Magic includes a high level spell to summon a player home based on the TARDIS. It summons a gold box, which when activated will transfer the player to a Dwemer-themed player home.

the second through fourth pictures on the page show examples of it. The spell itself is called "Midas Summon Starid".

Edited by NateNexus

There's been an effort to animate some of the lost episodes of Doctor Who. With Skyrim's engine being so open I wonder if assets could be made so you could "film" part of what's missing. There's copies of audio from the episodes and stills to fill in art direction. "Sets" would need to be built - the Tardis, it's interior and whatever sets were used for the missing pieces. Clothing to match would need to be made and then custom animation of body and facal movement and emotions (I believe there's a mod to allow speach to modify the mouth movement automatically). Then film and cut into a video.

Those are all different displines but not out of range of the people who mod already. For ease it should be one indivdual set of episodes such as The Ice Warriors.

The alternative is this:

• 10 months later...