Lockpicking too easy?

BuddyTheBosmer

So far I'm about 12 hours into the game and absolutely loving it. One thing that has truly baffled me though is how easy it is to pick locks even with little to no training. I was walking through the Riften sewers for the first time when I came across an expert lock. I had 20 or so lockpicks at hand so I decided to give it a go. With a lockpicking skill of only 22, I was able to open it only breaking 3 lockpicks in the process. 3. This is my first Elder Scrolls game so I don't know what it was like before, but shouldn't there be some sort of incentive for people who put their hard earned perk points into lockpicking? I would feel cheesed knowing that I dedicated so much of my time and perk points upping something that makes little to no difference since just about anyone can do it using trial and error.

That's my opinion though. I'd be interested to hear other people's thoughts on this, especially those who use lockpicking as one of their main skills.

Yeah, I haven't put any perks into Lockpicking and I've never used more than about 5-7 locks on even the hardest doors, and typically only use 1-2 (and I've been playing this for ages now, look at my sig). Though I think there was another thread just like this, but maybe that was in the spoiler section.