The Westeros Project

Selyp

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this ever gets off of the ground, you can count on my interest.

In fact, I rigged up a Winterfell tower last night as a sample piece:

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/7629/winterfelltowerpreview.jpg

Nice work, Ben. :thumbsup:

Hey guys I've been interested in the same topic just like a lot of you. I had always imagined being more of a walk-through and not as "game" oriented, at least that's the version I'm working on. I'm probably 10% complete with Winterfell. I had originally envisioned the entire world as well until I started looking at the scope of it....its almost impossible to do all of Westeros once you scale it out and realize how many square miles are involved.

Anyway...I'm building this on the Unity3D platform....learning as I go. I'm an architect so the modeling is done in sketchup.

I'd be happy to help on any project that takes off. Let me know!

http://imgur.com/a/JtlgD

I think i going to start trying my hand at creating the WALL area. Castle Black, the WALL, and the surrounding area. I'm no pro world builder mind you but if it turns out ok i'll let you guys know. I created the Game of Thrones - Follower mod (http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/17084) and play as Ser Gregor clegane so I would love to have a place that makes them feel like home. :)

Hold your horses, we need to get some semblance of organisation about this project.

I'll keep a register of people willing to contribute so far so we can get a team together, then we can start planning.

So far we have:

Benfclark - Art. Project management.

Tophloaf - Art.

donker316 - Character Art.

Count me in. I can do character and environment art as well as any planning or design documents, and once we have some assets I can build the necessary cells as well. Currently working on a floor plan of Winterfell as requested by benfclark.

I can do world editing. Both heightmap creation and importing, region editing, etc. and general creation kit-ing. If you give me the assets I can make something pretty out of them, but I'm rubbish with 3ds max.

Hold your horses, we need to get some semblance of organisation about this project.

I'll keep a register of people willing to contribute so far so we can get a team together, then we can start planning.

So far we have:

You can add me to your list. I'm new to these forums (a buddy linked me to this project), but I am not new to modding, modeling, or game development. I think this is a fantastic idea (I'm a big fan of ASoIaF), and actually, I think this is exactly the way to go about starting a project like this... It seems to me, you're just gathering interest to see what's feasible. That's a perfectly natural place to start. It's where I started on my major project and it's been a big success so far.

Now, a little about my experience:

Editors/Engines:

I have very little experience with the Oblivion engine, but I have worked with a bunch of other editors and engines. I have worked with the Unreal Development Kit and several of the Command and Conquer editors/engines, as well as the Unreal-based splinter-cell editors. I learn these things extremely fast, though, so don't count me out in this area.

Modeling/Texturing:

I've been modelling casually for years and have a few good friends who do it professionally. I've worked with 3ds MAX primarily. I also have some experience working with ZBrush. My best work is environment and object models, though I've done some decent work with character rigging, texturing, and animation as well. I've also done a ton of environment texturing work, including some procedural stuff that I use to generate unique static textures and I could definitely make some of that work available to this project. I also have good experience with particles and effects-based modeling/texturing.

Height maps:

I've got TONS of experience with height maps. I started out on BRYCE3D when I was little and used it for years along side Terragen and 3ds MAX in my environment modeling.

Project Management:

My biggest strength is probably here. As I mentioned above, I'm working on a long-long-term project, building a game from scratch with UDK . I have a some friends working on this with me and I found that the pre-production preparation of outlining and deadlining and then the production process of managing goals, deadlines, versions, changes and tweaks, people's abilities, information, story, and ideas is really the key to moving the project forward. I have a good system in place to ensure clarity and transparency as well idea-generation so that everyone is on the same page, expectations are clear, and people are generating awesome stuff that really contributes to the project as a whole. I'd be happy to share my experience in this arena with this project. I'm also great at building teams and playing people's strengths.

So anyway, count me in. I've put my long-term project on hold for an indefinite period because we've reached a point where we'd have to start dedicating serious time and nobody on my team can do that yet, so no need to worry about it interfering with this. Good news is that means I'd be able to dedicate a pretty good amount of time to this per week, too.

Yeah you can count me in as well. I am ok at interiors and I can navmesh like a champ lol! My strong suit would have to be follower building and NPC creation. What I could really use from one of these wonderful modelers is a hair pack based with hairs from game of thrones. For example curly hair, and Nordhair01 but wavy like Jon Snows hair. I think ApachiiSkyHair has some great hairs for the Ladies. OmegaRedd99 Armor compilation also has some great Armor from the GoT series- The Mountain's armor, Robb Starks armor, and Lannister Guard Armor, The next update he will have Iron Islands armor as well.