⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

The Westeros Project

Selyp

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joining Nights Watch would limit the gameplay. Put it as an option.

You need a background estory... This would allow to several ramifications, like going to the other side of The Wall and joining Mence, or just leave and become wanted, or a chain of missions that send you back to Winterfell... There is a lot that can be done.

If you`re from Nights Watch and come back to Winterfell, you're going to be hated through the entire world. Well, not if you didn't know something, like you were sent there to be "protected" from something, or they tried to hide from you something.

Joining Nights Watch should be an option (as joining other factions). Nights Watch campaign overview example: join, training, scouting beyond the wall, smth epic, end campaign, you become a hero and well known in Westeros, so they send you to recruit (radial quests like in the end of DB).

If you concentate only on one area it's highly possible to make the mod impossible to expand. First a heigtmap should be generated for a large portion of Westeros (for LODs and a guideline for expantion). Creating a small portion of high detail land (a city or a village, possibly a small quest (should be as original as possible, not just go there, kill'em all)) as a demo and to test/show your abilities, demo will help recruit more people (hopefully).

Doing this kind of mod fully finishing small portions (with quests and everything) isn't very good idea. It's better to do a larger terrain work (fields, citie, villages, mountains, forrests) first, then interiors (general ones), npcs (general), quests (quests, q npcs, and q locations). Adding new items is very cool, but don't overlook existing ones (Skyrim doesn't only have snow and mountains, there are forests, fields, lakes well fitting in temperate climate (i mean summer, early fall in Eorope)).

For a main quest line it's better to think of a new story line (before or after the series) so noone can complain about it not working with the books. Skyrim has an extended magic system (will be much cooler soon i'm sure with mods or dlcs), so the "modern" Vesteros with awakening magic doesn't realy compliment this system (if not including magic properly you might loose mage-loving players). If i were you I'd pose it as a sequel to the book, some 200-300 years later, so i'd have full freedom with a storyline (I'm thinking of using scripts to make a unique storyprogression for every new game, with dinamic relationships between factions and leaders, which could lead to wars, assassinations, and general powerplay for theoreticaly infinit time).

For a city layout it would be cool to have to be able to travel on roofs (smth like assassin's creed(no wall climbing just roofs as it's quite easy to do)).

Just my thoughts.

Not necessarily. You can desert and there should be no way for anyone to instantly know you are a deseter if you go to Winterfell or Westeros.

In fact it can provide quite an interesting gameplay in which you cover your tracks, lie and hide and try to prevent anyone ratting you out.

Not necessarily. You can desert and there should be no way for anyone to instantly know you are a deseter if you go to Winterfell or Westeros.

In fact it can provide quite an interesting gameplay in which you cover your tracks, lie and hide and try to prevent anyone ratting you out.

Yeah, that would be cool.

I just saying... Having to join would be like your main quest, because you need to have a main quest or you'll lose focus. With a main quest you already have work do to around it.

Matt, we all are suggesting this mod. No one here is doing it.

And that, my friend, is why nobody does any of these mods. Most people who wants the CK, and wants mod, got no idea to do it.

The thing is, we do not need ideas. If I want an idea, I google. If I want a project, I google.

If you want a mod, you don't just give ideas. That is not helping anybody.

It seem everybody here is just throwing ideas, yet nobody want to move a finger for it?

That's nice. It's not like nobody ever thought about a Game of Thrones re-make of the game. Oh no, not at all. A very unique idea!

So get the f*** outta here. This is a talk. If you can create the mod, you may need ideas. That is why we discuss. Who knows if an experienced modder come here and see "Oh, good ideas. I'll do it".

If you don't have ideas, nor want to do, get out.

Yeah, that would be cool.

I just saying... Having to join would be like your main quest, because you need to have a main quest or you'll lose focus. With a main quest you already have work do to around it.

I agree. Being a recruit forced into the Night Watch would go very well with the usual TES beginning. It would allow you to choose your background, look and starting skills in an organic believable way and give you a general direction to follow in terms of story.

From there it logically and naturally follows that you would have three main options : staying in the Nights watch, deserting and becoming a wildling or deserting and trying to go your own way in Westeros, whatever that may be - depending on how much of the world is built to play in.

Generally, i think its far better to have a setup where the player is not an important figure in the story but rather an ordinary grunt. That would allow you to play through the events as described in the books, without options to change anything in significant ways and thus ruin the story - because im pretty sure that if anyone other than George Martin starts rewriting the main story it will suck.

(not that Dance isnt total suckage but atleast we have the first three books and the Feast).

And i dont see any reason to include any magic like it is in Skyrim and i dont think anyone would be bothered by it since people that would play it are going to come in expecting Song of ice and Fire - not a setting like it but with Skyrim magic.

Improving melee and archery would be very welcome on the other hand.

And having some weather effects like cold and darker nights and so on - be more serious and "realistic".