The Westeros Project

Selyp

OmegaRed99 said we could use his Armor as long as we give credit and link to his page. As for the weapons I didn't asked for them in the last pm I sent him so i'll have to re-asked about them DOH! LOL! OK well a few less things to worry about right :dance:

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to join this project.

I'm making a shield pack, named very originally, 'A Song of Ice and Fire Shield Pack'. They're re-skins of a shield. Who would've known? But not the round guard shield, mind you. I'm using a knight-type shield from the Witcher resource, and I got the impression using this model is fair game, as it's a resource for modders. Still, credit where credit is due, et cetera. I didn't make the model, is what I'm really saying. But I did make the textures.

I'm trying to stay clear of recycling the HBO logos, they look pretty cool but they don't look like heraldry you'd see on medieval shields.

I've got the major houses done and a few smaller ones too.

I was thinking of releasing v1 on Nexus as an independent mod sometime this or next week, the shields are all craftable and the collection is expanding. V1 will contain the major house shields, then subsequent versions will focus on shields from different regions, the North first up. Some of them are subject to redesign and have already been remade once or twice, such as the Florent one. I'll keep tweaking them until I'm satisfied with the result, so what I've got is pretty much just a beta version.

Don't know who's in charge around here, but if you think they're good I would like for them to be used in the Westeros Project, as I started working on them hoping they could feature in some ASOIAF mod.

Screens in attachments.

So who do I need to speak to / what do I have to do to join?

Well,.. lets try this..

I would like to formally submit myself to join this project.

I'm a professional graphic artist / conceptual designer with over 14 years in the industry.

I have not specifically worked on any skyrim mods.. but I have worked on a few large / well known source engine mod teams on major projects as lead texture designer

I am a modeler, and level designer as well and have made weapons, item pickups, random eye candy, and even complex and tedious background matte paintings for the game.

But my strong suit over-all is texture design.

my gallery can be seen here: tinyurl.com/darkagents

There is a little of everything there as I am a jack of all trades. The 3d work / examples of my texture / character designs can be seen at the bottom. (Star Wars - The New Era)

All of the textures were hand designed from scratch in Photoshop.

I have an implicit eye for detail and have been known to my fellow modders as the reference guru when it came to my work.

The demo reel from my old team can be seen here:

I'm well familiar with many different software suites, 3dsmax, XSI, Maya, Blender, Bryce, Poser, Daz Studio, Crazy Bump, Adobe CS series suite, etc.

Any and all questions you can send me a PM or email.

Thank you,

- o0paradox0o

OK, Wow.

I'd just been thinking about modding The Eyrie into Skyrim as a Player stronghold. I've only just begun by creating a world space for the Vale of Arryn. I'm beginning with The Bloody Gate.

I was just surfing for images and such when I came across this awesomeness. Kudos! And here I thought I was being original.

So I'm going ahead with recreating The Eyrie and its immediate surroundings no matter what. But I'd also love to be part of something bigger. If anyone wants what I've got, just send me a line. Mind, I'm not a great scripter, but I'm OCD about accuracy and things looking true to life. What I'm creating right now is just an obtuse fleshing out of land and architecture.

I wish someone would create an architecture kit for this stuff. I know how to model, don't know how to skin. I'll just artfully use stuff that's present and change the textures used in the CK.

So yeah, I'm way to excited about this now.

Bye bye sleep.

Edit: Oh balls, this is some serious s***. To clarify, I'd love to take part, my strong suite is cluttering and fleshing out landscapes. You guys are way more hardcore. I'm still interested in being a peon; anything to bring this to fruition.

Edited by KatoPlato

To clarify, I'd love to take part...

Awesome! We'd love to have you onboard. Send a pm to benfclark (his last post was p7, I think) and tell him you'd like to get in on the project. He'll invite you to the projecturf (if he hasn't already) that we're using as a gathering ground and place to field some early ideas. be sure to take a look at the "Organization Time" discussion once you're there and then glance through some of the other discussions just to get a sense of what's going on. Also feel free to post some shots of your work in the design section.

Ok, the first meeting for the mod team will be held this Sunday at 12:00pm (noon), USA Eastern Standard Time (GMT -5:00)

If you haven't joined the project-turf yet and would like to get in on the mod and have your ideas heard in the first meeting, please send benfclark a message with your e-mail address and a quick message saying you'd like to join the Westeros Project.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone, quick update for anyone who hasn't already joined the official project, we've moved over to our own site.

www.thewesterosproject.com

We've gotten started and things are looking really good so far. We've done a lot of the pre-production decision-making for how we want the mod to work and what we want it to be and we're moving into getting started on production, beginning with Winterfell. A story is in the works with a complete outline for "Chapter 1" of a Mod of Ice and Fire going up this weekend.

We're still interested in growing the team a little bit, so if you're interested in joining, please fill out our quick application here and we'll get back to you within the week.