Stop Internet Censorship!

Farlo

@ginnyfizz (Thank you. I got it will try it soon) In case we get to deep into piracy sharing recipes over the internet her Is the Apple Sprinkle Cake recipe (mine is a bit modded. I like to add a extra knifes tip cinnamon powder to the sprinkles because it fits more to the Apples in my opinion) .

SOPA & PIPA ( especially the PIPA Popanz) has here in Germany no support and making us 2nd class citizens of US company's and I see there as well a danger from big company using the lawsuit from the U.S as a back-door lawsuit. Neat idea for company lawyers using US piracy laws but this only the start i know of certain U.S. and Japanese company's hiring personnel and lawyers in my country to search the internet for pirated content. With this laws it get really quickly funny to know that they are lowering out unemployment rate and it is now the lowest since 1993 official (unofficial there are still 5 millions unemployed here, but the government used tricks and deceit to make them ... lets say vanish from statistics with measures so that they are constant temporary not showing in this)

Aye it is funny they change the label and the way how to do something and it is legit .. now think again how laws can be expanded in an inappropriate way just to the bidding of a complaining industry that hasn't made it's homework and now lets pay up the bill for the not done homework by they tax paying citizens and this in a time where governmental money is sparse and unemployment is high in the U.S. ... makes me rub my chin and role my eyes .. anyone know how much it would cost to get SOPA or / & PIPA up and running ?

Edited by SilverDNA

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently it goes before Congress again on January 23rd or thereabouts, so is not dead yet. There was a piece on the internet news today about Wikipedia planning a blackout in protest.

@ Aurelius, no one on here is an advocate for the pirate sites, but Richard O'Dwyer's alleged offence is not an offence here, and is hardly on a par with murder. On the other hand, murder is murder whichever way you look at it, and is an offence which carries the death penalty in the USA, although not here. I remember how long Joe Doherty, a convicted murderer, was harboured by the United States and lionised, and only deported as an illegal alien, not for his murdering ways.

It is considered over here that draconian jail terms for alleged intellectual property offences are disproportionate, seizure of any profits made from such offences would fit the crime better, since the issue is profit.

Where have you been? 1000's of internet sites blacked out today (reddit,wikkipedia being two of the biggest) over this. ;)

Apparently it goes before Congress again on January 23rd or thereabouts, so is not dead yet. There was a piece on the internet news today about Wikipedia planning a blackout in protest.

@ Aurelius, no one on here is an advocate for the pirate sites, but Richard O'Dwyer's alleged offence is not an offence here, and is hardly on a par with murder. On the other hand, murder is murder whichever way you look at it, and is an offence which carries the death penalty in the USA, although not here. I remember how long Joe Doherty, a convicted murderer, was harboured by the United States and lionised, and only deported as an illegal alien, not for his murdering ways.

It is considered over here that draconian jail terms for alleged intellectual property offences are disproportionate, seizure of any profits made from such offences would fit the crime better, since the issue is profit.

Where have you been? 1000's of internet sites blacked out today (reddit,wikkipedia being two of the biggest) over this. ;)

I have been on the internet quite a lot, thankyou very much. I did actually state that I was aware about Wikipedia being blacked out and I am aware that the Elder Scrolls Wikia, among others, has gone dark today. So I really have no idea whatsoever why you have decided to direct such a patronising remark at me.

Gee, Ginny you must not be on the internet since you didn't reference, in order of site size, sub-foldered into alpha by name..ALL of the 1000's of sites. >.>

:biggrin:

I have been on the internet quite a lot, thankyou very much. I did actually state that I was aware about Wikipedia being blacked out and I am aware that the Elder Scrolls Wikia, among others, has gone dark today. So I really have no idea whatsoever why you have decided to direct such a patronising remark at me.

Sorry Ginny, wasn't meant to be patronizing! Just playful, I withdraw the remark if it seemed such.