Skyrim Complaints

sedanimal

http://www.hex19.com/storage/article-images/skyrim_complaints.png

Although Skyrim is a "Game of the Year" candidate, it's far from being a perfect game. I wrote an article about my biggest criticisms so far.

Link -> Skyrim: Week One Complaints

To summarize, they are...

- The difficulty system needs work

- They removed complexity that added to the experience

- They crippled the Mercantile and Speechcraft skills

- Companions suck

- Marriage is half-baked

- Quite buggy in general

What are your biggest complaints about Skyrim so far? (if you have any) I'm curious to know!

Edited by sedanimal

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And personally my only complaint is no dragons -.- I´m playing since the day the game was releaseand haven´t seen a single non scripted dragon nor a city being attakced by one... Other than that game is great so far.

And personally my only complaint is no dragons -.- I´m playing since the day the game was releaseand haven´t seen a single non scripted dragon nor a city being attakced by one... Other than that game is great so far.

Sarcasm? If anything there are too many.

I don't like the guild questlines so far. They seem like they could be interesting, but you're just railroaded too much. And they seem too short, and instead are relying on the randomly generated quests too much, in my opinion.

Also, a few bugs here and there. I haven't found it nearly as buggy as was expected, and nothing buggy like their fallout games were, in my experience.

You need to head to Whiterun and speak to the Jarl there. This will lead you to killing your first dragon.

Besides the difficulty level and enemy balance blah, which always plagues games. (Too easy even on master) My main issue, is crafting.

I don't want to go into too much detail, but the crafting unbalances the game. We all have probably seen the exploits, etc. But with normal use of crafting, crafting/enchant/mixing only what you find or what vendors have as you play, allows you to make very powerful items too early. Items powerful enough that the only way to upgrade is get the same enchants on the next available item tier.

Grand soul gems, and crafting materials are too common and leveling up the professions is retardedly easy. I won't go into alchemy, but a fully perked alchemist is almost more ridiculous.

:(

bad UI for pc...they could have at least tried...

polygon conservation (pc version doesn't need that)

bad hair, bad skin...wtf is with all the dirt? water and snow everywhere...you'd think they'd end up getting clean just by accident if not intentionally.

no mirrors

same mannequin style people as oblivion and morrowwind, ye, animations are bit better but they still look dead, don't breath, no bounce to hair or anything else welcome to the robot carnival.

walking through ground clutter, tree branches instead of it being moved as you move through it

mobs stuck running away on obstacles or getting stuck trying to reach you...jump is still illegal for any but the player in the world of Nirn.

axes, maces, swords all being grouped in one handed...huh? instead of one handed-two-handed categories, there should have been sword, mace, and axe. each is used differently while one/two handed versions still have the same mechanics you try to use a sword as if it was a mace....you're going to get killed quick.

plenty of nice sharpened sticks stuck here and there...and still no one has had the brainstorm that hey, i sharpen this stick...maybe put a bit of metal on the tip...and it's longer than any other weapon and when i throw it it fly's pretty straight :0 spears...one of the earliest recorded weapons of man and no one in that world can figure it out?

those creepy kids... o_O i'm going to find that nord that fathered them all and slay him...he's got to be on the run...child support for that many kids...not to mention all the angry husbands

and beths general attitude that consoles...even though that's not what made their company's initial money and fan base...are more important by multiple orders of magnitude than their loyal pc fanbase.

In the past week I have gotten very little sleep, have not eaten well at all, skipped work, and my wife is mumbling something about being a widow... I place the blame squarely on Skyrim, curse you Bethesda! :tongue: