Skyrim Complaints

sedanimal

There are several things about Skyrim that I get the urge to bash my keyboard, punch right through my screen, smash and throw my computer around into oblivion for. Hell I had to cool down before I found this page to pull myself together to list some of my thoughts:

First off. The volume... I've found so many posts from all over the web from people complaining about Skyrim being too quiet. I have to set my PC volume to 38 (30 is fine when I'm watching movies). The audio settings in the game itself is at max and I can't adjust my PC volume while the game is active, I have to go to the desktop (alt + Tab) when I forget to turn up the volume... Such a piss off when you rush to play after watching some tutorials on youtube.

While the default for just about all PC games is the WASD setting. It's really frustrating to have to reach all the ******* way over there for the inventory, map, camera features (numpad 3) and certain things from mods (but that's what we get for adding some extra features so that's really not something to complain about). The keyboard layout is the worst I've ever had to get the hang of. On top of that, all the menus, options, HUDs, inventory shortcuts are all over the freaking place!... You're going over the hill and some bandits pop up, in your haste you click Esc (crap I didn't mean to pause!), place the other hand on "I" as you're about to unpause, quickly switch to your inventory as you unpause and... Oh for ****'s sakes!!! I meant to open up my magic selections! AAAARGH!!! Ready your other hand on TAB as you hit Esc again... :wallbash:

I know this isn't the official complaints page but I really had to get this off my chest.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a blast from the past! Wanting Skyrim to be a clone of Oblivion, being surprised that a Bethesda product was not perfectly polished. Thank goodness for that one guy who chided these early reviewers about his not finding any dragons - especially because the game had not been released yet.

No prophets to foresee the coming of Arthmoor, SkyUI, and Falskaar. Not realizing that the "brain dead" characters would eventually be replaced by Vilja, Sofia, Inigo and the super followers of Interesting NPCs. Thanks to the modding community, Skyrim eventually deserved its title when PC Gamer chose it as "the best game of all time". Sure it started out wobbly and perhaps with two heads and an arm which only moved sideways, but look how it developed. You can even knock on the Skyrim doors now instead of breaking and entering. Who would have thought?