Musket's

stumpndum

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Muskets and pistols would be spiffy. Remember that even with them you will not likely see too many gun themed character builds, because it simply isn't practical. Why? Because most current archery based characters are also almost always stealth based characters as well. Silent snipers, picking off a single target & fading away into the shadows/foliage until another opportunity pops it's head up.

But with a musket? BOOOOM! You just got detected, pal. They know exactly where that shot came from. That big cloud of smoke is a dead giveaway, too. Expect them to come charging up with axes a' whirling while you stand there helplessly trying to reload.

I mean, think about it from the Dark Brotherhood's perspective. Those guys would never touch guns. Too noisy, too messy, too many witnesses. Not their style at all.

The only real use would be to give melee/tank fighters a powerful opening move before closing with sword & axe, just like in the old pirate days, or to quickly bring down a wounded opponent who is fleeing to quickly too run down in full plate armor. They don't worry about noise or messiness - they enjoy it. That suits me just fine.

Edited by NephilimNexus

I realize this is a bit late in the thread for this, but when you guys were speaking of immersion and disproving mod ideas no one ever stopped and said no to any nude/sex mods. You argued historical context based on OUR history. Well historically women didn't run around naked engaging in casual sex either. It's a fantasy game, plain and simple, not a medieval simulator. So please: no subjective opinions.

If you guys need a reasonable justification to a firearm in a fantasy game I offer this: They are magical and require a soul gem to recharge the magicka for the fire, shock, or whatever mystical force you choose to project. It may not even need ammunition, but that's game for debate. Maybe the weapon could be powered by runes and takes on a style that would fit the theme of Skyrim instead of say a Colt 1911 pistol or a musket. You could even possibly craft gunpowder through alchemy, although I'm not sure what reagents you would use... maybe fire salts?

And also because we're talking about armored foes and nothing like Armor piercing rounds or hollow point rounds. It's justifiable to say they're not extremely effective either so reasonable damage, considering how many arrows I can pelt into a guard until he drops.

But with a musket? BOOOOM! You just got detected, pal. They know exactly where that shot came from. That big cloud of smoke is a dead giveaway, too. Expect them to come charging up with axes a' whirling while you stand there helplessly trying to reload.

Yeah but that's not a concern when it takes one shot to kill and when you've isolated one of the group off into a dark corner, is it? :thumbsup:

Also another thing to note in concern with realism is that the Dwemer seem to actually have already invented gunpowder, as they have those crossbows that fire explosive bolts. And I'm certain it's an explosion and not a fireball.

Wolfpyre I don't get it why are you aganst this mod idea. I mean this is the mod request thread so if somebody make this mod to happen I woud totaly dowload it but it's a mod if you don't whant guns in your skyrim then you don't hawe to dowload the mod and stick wiht swords and bows.

^Muskets are one thing, but IMHO Uzis are just too out of place. Not to mention you probably couldn't get the full-auto effect.

It was sarcasm used to point out how ridiculous having guns in an Elder Scrolls game is.

Don't get me wrong though, as much as they don't fit, I'm cool with every mod idea there are, except the nude and sex mods. Only because you really need to be a pathetic loser to use them, not because of "inappropriateness" or something.

Edited by pyrofreak123

^Muskets are one thing, but IMHO Uzis are just too out of place. Not to mention you probably couldn't get the full-auto effect.

It was sarcasm used to point out how ridiculous having guns in an Elder Scrolls game is.

Don't get me wrong though, as much as they don't fit, I'm cool with every mod idea there are, except the nude and sex mods. Only because you really need to be a pathetic loser to use them, not because of "inappropriateness" or something.

I may be a loser, but having my natural body mode is just one of the things helping me to really get into roleplaying, being in that world in that other being and wondering what would happen if for example i would strip during a conversation... this is funny and realistic...

as for magic (soulstone) guns or mechanic bullet guns... i would rather they not be instant death... except it is a critical kill (low enough health + critical = a critical kill)

there is no doubt that when a game has fantasy or machines like spiders guns are likely to be found... if not rare... same goes for a world with a cat and a human species interbreeding to form humans with cat ears and tails... it could exist thus making a mod favorable.

having guns in Elder Scrolls games must not be ridiculous. In Skyrim the Dwarfs allready have some form of technology. Implementing a "Musketlike" Weapon wouldn't be as gamebreaking as one might think.

All one needs to do is, keep the design of the Gun Dwemer Style and make sure it is not too overpowered (a bit stronger than arrows but a bit slower).

I really think it could be done.

I still find it funny that the dwemer creature stock includes gigantic mechanized robots with flamethrowers, robot spiders with electrical attacks and rollerball mechs that unfold, all of which are perfectly fine, but a rudimentary firearm created using that same dwemer technology? Woah now, that's crazy talk!