Winter style Clothing/Armor for Skyrim

xPossessedx

Description says it all really.

Currently most clothes and armor in Skyrim look more fitting for a hotter climate then what Skyrim has to offer. This is making the Skyrim experience less then what it could have been in my opinion.

* 95% or so of the clothing and armors in Skyrim need a new design to fit the weather in Skyrim.

I've been swimming in full metal armors just to stand in snow storms without any concern for what damage that should really make as well. Metal is a very good conductor for heat. So being exposed to cold would cool down the wearer a lot faster then even even being naked. It's like we have a cooling sink on our CPU's, imagine wearing a full body cooling sink (armor) in a winter storm. Obviously if we look at this, the metal armors need some kind of protection from the cold.There are npcs running around in the snowy weather with thin short sleeved clothing, and some times nothing but pants.

In my mind metal armors in such harsh climates should have fur robes/cloaks on top or around them to provide the user with some protection from the environment.

Imagine how much better fitting some armors with fur on top of them would look. Deadra armors bothers me the most, huge unnecessary shoulder pads and exaggerated spikes on gauntlets. Not to mention the deadra helm. If those things could be toned down and the armor could have a black fur robe/cloak to protect the wearer from the cold it'd look way more bad-ass and fitting for the game. Now I'd make this myself if I could, but I do not have any 3D animation experience.

Of course what I write about daedra armor applies to most other armors as well, except daedra has the most exaggerated design of all armors. And unfortunately it's the one I use because it has the best stats

Does this sound reasonable as a mod, or am I the only one seeing how unfitting current Skyrim armors and clothes are for the cold environment in the game?

Edited by xPossessedx

I agree with this. Maybe have the option to make your own fox fur coats too. Bears and cats too of course, as they all would give a different look! :-) Btw this would go great with that weather realism mod that was brought up (i.e. blizzards and lack of sleep affect you. Maybe have frostbite or hypothermia as an active effect).

I agree with this. Maybe have the option to make your own fox fur coats too. Bears and cats too of course, as they all would give a different look! :-) Btw this would go great with that weather realism mod that was brought up (i.e. blizzards and lack of sleep affect you. Maybe have frostbite or hypothermia as an active effect).

really like the idea of making own fur coats and equipping them on top of current armor. Although The game would need more balancing. I'm playing on master and it's still to easy with my current items. Some armors do need a complete makeover either way to make fur coats fit with the armor design as well.

Edited by xPossessedx

Yeah, something like that would be a good start. although I'm thinking of full body fur coats around the armors in addition. Also it seems I focused a lot on metal armors in my post. 99% of all armors and clothes need to look warmer. Not just the metal armors.

• 1 year later...

I couldn't agree more.

I had to bike through a tiny bit of snow today and it only took a few minutes before I felt like a popsicle. Imagine what it would be like in a place like Skyrim. It would be freezing out there, yet everyone walks around in those thin farm outfits without any gloves, a hood or even a scarf. Some people have bare arm and legs. Even Redguards, Khajiit and Argonians do it. It's not very immersive, so I would love to see some warm fur coats for the people up in the north.

• 2 months later...

I can list a mod that allows you to make and find fur cloaks and another that makes skyrim's coldness more affecting, The Frostfall winter mod, and WIC winter is coming cloaks

hope i helped u, btw the Frostfall mod, if u don't want the blizzards and stuff to kill your dragonborn, use the configure settings power, good luck :D

I used frostfall for some time, and I loved it really.

But with realistic needs mods? It was pure madness.

75% of the time I had to spent on surviving. Even when I scrolled the needs to 0, so I don't need to eat, sleep and drink as often.

+

frostfall effects on that..

But it is fun, just not best to try it with characters of level 4-10 :biggrin:

Anyhow, more fur and such would be great.

I am not huge fan of those cloaks myself, as those are kinda clippy/ weird in my opinion.