Does anyone else roleplay or Ironman their playthroughs?

lllJACKlll

Oblivion will always be my favorite elder scrolls game by far, the environment, quests, oblivion gates, I could go on and on, but I always find myself coming back to the game and enjoying myself.

However after years of exploring and re-playing quests (which are still fun!) I do try to challenge myself a bit. For example... When I first escape the sewers, I treat myself as a convict, and any guard or towns-person I'd find before I can get a change of clothes, sleep, etc. I must kill or run away from. I know this seems silly, but I imagine I would have been covered in blood, still had some minor chains on me, and it makes early exploration a lot more intense. I also don't allow myself to rest in public to regain health, and must eat food at least once every day.

I also play that any time my character dies, that would be the death of him in reality and thus must make a new character. I know this is a bit extreme but it makes you a lot more prepared and make sure you have proper potions when you head out, and you wont just charge headfirst into any encounter without caring about your well being which adds an aspect of realism I enjoy.

Then again I've always liked a challenge and I found this to be the best ways for myself to prolong my enjoyment of the game. I won't bore you with other roleplaying things I do but I was just curious if anyone else had ideas or ways they implement challenges for themselves? I'd love to add a few for myself if I like them. :)

Yes I did,

exactly one year ago I've started building this mod >>> AoG http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/46495

that mod increase all of the actors sight radius into up to four fold from the original (max 9000 radius, original is 2k - 3k),

I fix in dark area in combat too, now you'll always get more challenge from your enemy in dark area combat

NPC will always try pick up nearby weapon and shield after you disarm them, this is best so far I think to keep the game challenging in all times

use your light spell or torch wisely, I've made a code for new whole detection system

also with the help of Greed Wrath feature sometimes I got surprising ambush outside of town

all of this is realized because the help of Nexus community, them feedback is golden and precious to me, to help me maturing this project

• 3 weeks later...

However after years of exploring and re-playing quests (which are still fun!) I do try to challenge myself a bit. For example... When I first escape the sewers, I treat myself as a convict, and any guard or towns-person I'd find before I can get a change of clothes, sleep, etc. I must kill or run away from. I know this seems silly, but I imagine I would have been covered in blood, still had some minor chains on me, and it makes early exploration a lot more intense. I also don't allow myself to rest in public to regain health, and must eat food at least once every day.

Sounds like an idea for a good mod. I don't know much about creating mods so I'm not sure it's possible but that would be a neat way to change the beginning of the game.... the mod could make all guards come after you if they see you until you change clothes, or for a set amount of time.

If you forget to remove the wrist irons, other npcs may go tip off a guard in another area.....

Things like that would have been good ways to increase the immersion level of the game from the start.