True Anthropomorphic Race

TheDragonEpmperor

I honestly hope this grows into something similar to Nehrim or at least Moonpath to Elsewhere. I personally don't see the value in simply playing as a certain anthropomorphic creature and it NOT have some impact on the game. Usually by not simply adding a new race that plays like a the other races but making it feel like you're playing something different, something that stands out but isn't overpowering or cumbersome.

I care more about gameplay than visual aesthetics (though I consider it a good bonus). If someone where to do something similar to the above stated I would support wholeheartedly. But until then :dry:.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have something to say that can patch the mood of everyone saying that its not lore-friendly: Space-time rift, resulting in inter-dimensional Teleportation. That explanation would even let me add a Sangheili or Jiralhanae race from the Halo series, and it would be lore-correct for BOTH games. So, if THAT is possible, then why cant it be possible that something else can do the same?

• 3 weeks later...

Apologies if this has already been asked and answered, but regarding the Tsaesci...Is it remotely feasible to have a non-bipedal player race? (from a practical modding point of view)

Even if it were possible I'd imagine it would take a huge amount of work to implement a half-snake character (Medusa-esque that is).

However, I would personally bow-down and worship such a mod author as a living God/ Goddess :)

You can keep your furries....I want a slithery.

The ability to select a skin texture modeled on existing snakes would just be awesome piled on top of excellent. (Gaboon Viper please if any mod author feels like undertaking what I would imagine to be a horrendously complicated mod attempt*).

* I'd honestly love to see what someone came up with as a riding animation....interesting, and most likely funny as hell.

Give furries a game with antro races they'll just go and want the moons as well...

Nagas and the other reptilemorphs are covered by residents of Blackmash, you just dont get to play them because they dont ever leave Blackmarsh.

Anything that has anything to do with felinemorphs is covered by khajiit moon phases but has still not been put into game in whole as playable.

As for wolf/fox/canine morphs you could either get it covered by an extinct race or hericines curse, even permanent term lycanthropy.

Strangely also octopusmorph, crabmorph, slugmorph, spidermorph(yes I mean Drider), and even plantmorph are covered by the games lore.

I'm pretty sure any anthro you make will probably be covered by the lore.

I'm sure someone would have to build the animations up from scratch for a naga since there are no snakes in Skyrim.

Im up for the idea but lets not make it so the beast races are taking over or anything. New races have been created so its not impossible, just need some creative minds in here. I AM however very grateful already that we have th khajiit and argonian races already, most game dont even have beast races, we should be quite thankful of this as well. Fox, Wolf and perhaps even an Avian or Bat race would be interesting. But you dont want to overdo it. It would be nice to play as an actual fursona too, which would be possible with more color and tattoo combinations available for khajiit and argonian, because i find them quite limited as they are already

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully this gains some traction, or at least bring back some of the character models from morrowind.

the skyrim models just look lazy to be honest. every character model is the same human shape and whats changes is simply a texture change and for some characters, a slightly different mesh for the head and probably a tacked on tail.

With morrowind, it seems that a lot more work was put into differentiating the character models

http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/5220/mgescreenshot1n.png

or if possible and additional mod will be to also make your character cuter.

eg a skyrim character would epic like this

http://i.imgur.com/wv8Q3.jpg

Edited by Razor512

I don't get people who think a mod shouldn't be made ebcause it's not 100% lore acurate.

Especially with races. There are THOUSANDS of races in nirn, new ones are discovered(and even created) constantly, and there are KNOWN to be hundreds of variations of khajiit, some very very animal like, and some very human like, LOTS of the more human like ones have been made, so why not the more animal like ones? And also, if you actually READ THE LORE of elder scrolls, you would know that there are wolf/fox/canine like beasts like the khajiit that were believed to be driven to extinction by the elves thousands of years ago.

So it is in no way lore breaking.

and there were at least a dozen mods like this for Oblivion, and I was REALLY sad to not see them for Skyrim. I remember Slof's snow leopard was just... fantastic. And there was the Vulpin/Wolven races. there are 3 elves, 4 humans, 2 beasts, and orcs, there is really only two good beast race add ons, and they are not very anthromorphic. There are at least a dozen elf race add ons, and at least a half dozen humans, so I think beast DEFINITELY deserve some love. And orcs to I suppose, but nobody loves the poor Orcs.

I don't get people who think a mod shouldn't be made ebcause it's not 100% lore acurate.

Especially with races. There are THOUSANDS of races in nirn, new ones are discovered(and even created) constantly, and there are KNOWN to be hundreds of variations of khajiit, some very very animal like, and some very human like, LOTS of the more human like ones have been made, so why not the more animal like ones? And also, if you actually READ THE LORE of elder scrolls, you would know that there are wolf/fox/canine like beasts like the khajiit that were believed to be driven to extinction by the elves thousands of years ago.

So it is in no way lore breaking.

and there were at least a dozen mods like this for Oblivion, and I was REALLY sad to not see them for Skyrim. I remember Slof's snow leopard was just... fantastic. And there was the Vulpin/Wolven races. there are 3 elves, 4 humans, 2 beasts, and orcs, there is really only two good beast race add ons, and they are not very anthromorphic. There are at least a dozen elf race add ons, and at least a half dozen humans, so I think beast DEFINITELY deserve some love. And orcs to I suppose, but nobody loves the poor Orcs.

No i dont understand those who dont enjoy lore friendly mods, and the answer to me is simple, if you dont like a mod, dont install it 0.0 !

I didnt know that in TES lore there was a canine races and that is true, there would be variations of the different races depending on origin. Orcs do have a half human half orc mod, but thats the only one ive noticed. Im not a big fan on Orcs but i do believe they still deserve some extra mods too