Nvidia Contest Joke

GeneralLuBu

Its a joke they even bother having a contest when the CK isn't even out of beta. The CK only became stable for many in last weeks update and is lacking basic features GECK had like editing ESMs and saving files with multiple master esps.

Our best mods IMO are FO4Edit and F4SE, why aren't they nominated? Probably too embarrassing for Beth.............

Due to some Beth Launcher server screwup for over a month most Australian modders and many other Overseas can't even download the beta CK without using a VPN or doing a "click that quickly while standing on your head" method. Beth have been "working on it" for 3 weeks.............

Edited by ozziefire

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its a joke they even bother having a contest when the CK isn't even out of beta. The CK only became stable for many in last weeks update and is lacking basic features GECK had like editing ESMs and saving files with multiple master esps.

Our best mods IMO are FO4Edit and F4SE, why aren't they nominated? Probably too embarrassing for Beth.............

Due to some Beth Launcher server screwup for over a month most Australian modders and many other Overseas can't even download the beta CK without using a VPN or doing a "click that quickly while standing on your head" method. Beth have been "working on it" for 3 weeks.............

They probably didnt win, because Fo4edit isnt really a mod, its a tool, it wasnt uploaded to bethesda.net, it wasnt uploaded in the right time window, both are team efforts and both of them were probably not submitted....

For what it's worth, I use the Pew lasers mod and it delights me. It makes me giggle. That said, I have to agree there are many many mods that are far worthier of winning. It's possible to enjoy a silly, ridiculous mod and yet agree that it's not deserving of winning such a contest. That honor should go to the people who put forth substantial effort to create mods that significantly enrich our gaming experience.

For what it's worth, I use the Pew lasers mod and it delights me. It makes me giggle. That said, I have to agree there are many many mods that are far worthier of winning. It's possible to enjoy a silly, ridiculous mod and yet agree that it's not deserving of winning such a contest. That honor should go to the people who put forth substantial effort to create mods that significantly enrich our gaming experience.

While I agree with you, you (along with nearly everyone here) has to remember this is Nvidia's contest, not the Nexus's. The also based the mods on "How fun is it to play" and "How polished is it". What you or someone else may find fun, may not be fun for the Nvidia employee's and vice versa. Despite Faction Housing having the most votes, there's people that don't care about player bedrooms or settlement stuff all together. It's pretty obvious Nvidia does enjoy that aspect since her mod is up there (not to mention the polish and quality of it). My mod (Cannibal in Concord) is puzzles, riddles, key hunting with next to no action. I'm sure there's a TON of people out there that absolutely HATE that type of gameplay. And that's fine, it's not for everyone. But again, this isn't our contest and it was a group of people we don't know that decided what they thought was fun. I'm sure there were entries that most likely had a ton of content and work put into them. But if those select Nvidia employee's don't find it fun, why should it be placed up there but not something they actually thought was fun?

Point is, everyone has different taste. It's like arguing over two games on which is better, even if they're not on the same level of quality. The problem I have is the community is lashing out at the authors (not you per say, just saying in general) instead of their dislike in Nvidia's taste in mods. I don't think it's right to outright bash and insult someone else's work out of frustration that has nothing to do with them. We all do this in our free time for FUN, and it's silly how crazy people are getting and attacking other authors over this contest.

I don't think modern firearms should be allowed to participate, because it just collected several guns someone else made.

If they enforced that then they would have to disqualify all the mods that use modder resources or other peoples content. Which would actually be almost all the finalist mods.