OCO Wood Elf Black Eyes?

I have downloaded and installed OCO v2 And i find the some wood elves such as Glarthir have black eyes. I not a fan of it since I dont find it lore friendly. But I tried replacing the texture for the eye, deleting the texture, making a new plugin to overwrite the bosmer eye source file, I even tried editing the OCO v2 main plugin file and changing the eye source file and nothing works.

Some of the Bosmer have black eyes as intended by Nuska (those will show hightlights in their eyes). Other are supposed to have violet eyes but a texture file wasn't included in the version 2.03 download (the missing texture is eye_bosmer_violet.dds if memory serves). That file can be found in the version 2.01 download.

If you want the intentional black eyed Bosmer to have a different eye colour simple rename a copy of the desired colour's DDS file to match the black eyed Bosmer file (the file names must be exactly the same due to OCO v2 relying on Blockhead for asset management).

To "un-Blockheadize" the black eyed Bosmer will take much editing of the race records I think ... far simpler to just do a renaming.

Edited by Striker879

If you want the intentional black eyed Bosmer to have a different eye colour simple rename a copy of the desired colour's DDS file to match the black eyed Bosmer file (the file names must be exactly the same due to OCO v2 relying on Blockhead for asset management).

I have tried this and I dont understand why this wont work.

I just wondered if Win 10 was silently "fixing" your changes (it has taken UAC to even higher levels of obtrusiveness is my understanding). Do you have a default install location for the game (or for Steam plus the game)? C:\Program Files (x86) plus any Windows version after WinXP is asking for trouble.