All esps corrupted?!

Lehcar

OH MY GOD WHAT HAPPENED AND HOW DO I FIX THIS!!!!

I updated BOSS and now suddenly a crapload of my esp files have been busted, they're "ghosted" but now suddenly Wrye Bash isn't picking them up and they're all 0 bytes, WHAT...

Please help me, what do I do?? :(

It happened right after I was forced to force-quit OBMM because it crashed. OBMM will still pick up the files just fine, but offers no utilities for fixing them... wtf is this?

Edited by Lehcar

When you download mods do you keep a copy of the extracted download or original compressed archive? If you do you could try replacing the 'ghosted' esp files with originals. OBMM doesn't save any of the changes you've selected until you exit the utility, and the exit you describe wouldn't have allowed it to make it's changes.

Why would it be making... ANY changes? What on earth? All the said files were ghosted by Wrye Bash to begin with, nothing that was active at the time was corrupted.

And some of those were ESPs I made myself so I don't have another copy... there is no way to fix them?! :(

Wow, I'm so upset it's unreal. I'm never touching this program again.

Hi friend,

why not unghost your esp-files. What happend is easy, somewhere is a autoghost function and it was activated. Had the same problem, never found out why or where. But there is a possibility to unghost by hand. Leftclick on the esp in Wyrn bash to activate, rightclick to activate the menu, choose the option "ghost", rightclick again and choose the option "unghost" and the esp available again. I know its hard work to do on 254 esp but I have no better hint and its much better than to loose your handmade esp-files.

good recovering :thumbsup:

Harvald

OH MY GOD WHAT HAPPENED AND HOW DO I FIX THIS!!!!

I updated BOSS and now suddenly a crapload of my esp files have been busted, they're "ghosted" but now suddenly Wrye Bash isn't picking them up and they're all 0 bytes, WHAT...

If BOSS reduced your ESPs to 0 length files, you should report in the official BOSS thread on the Bethsoft boards, here. But first, I'd look in your Oblivion/data folder to make sure those ESPs are in fact missing. Could they have been renamed with different suffixes? Just sort by date, and take a look at the latest.

If you want BOSS to make recommendtations about the latest versions of mods, conflicts, and Bash tags without moving any ESPs around, go to the Mods tab in Wrye Bash, and right-click on the header above all the files. Click on Lock Times.

EDIT: There's also a new GUI-based BOSS executable that comes with the standard package. It will make changes to loading order if you don't have Locked Times set, but allows you to roll those changes back, as well. I can't say I've used this feature, so I don't know how well it works, but it's a pretty simple operation.