Converting object space to tangent space normals

xs2reality

Hi all,

I'm previously responsible for the quite succesful mod sporty sexy map and I'm looking for a 3d artist to collaborate in converting it for Fallout 4.

Now as you probably know, FO4 works with tangent space normal maps where Skyrim uses tangent space normals and so far, I've bee unsuccesful in the conversion of this mid.

Basic conversions using xnormals failed miserably and hand painting a tangent space map did not give the results I wanted.

Does anybody has experience with this and wants to team up in releasing this mod for FO4?
Thanks!

XS

U are just doing the unp and cbbbe ones ?

U have to make sure the obj is rotated properly, bake it with the fallout 3 mesh cause u have to connect the feet if u use the skyrim ones.

after baking u have to switch the blue and green channels tho cause bethesda used the special "model space normalmap". I dont know why its switched.

If you are getting artifacts or something . ask for more help. please try this again otherwise.

Ok sorry i misread your post totally.

I never tried converting object space to tangent ones before. What kind of problem are you having? I suppose i can help u with this mod if its a help.

Edit 2.

Sorry again, Now i remember. Fallout 4 uses pbr so its a different kind of maps. normal, specular and diffuse ones. I need to learn about how to do these also.

download BAE from nexus by jonwd7 and read the readme first of all anyway. A solution at this stage would require some experimentation at least.

Look for some tools that work on physics based rendering. Also it maybe necessary to convert object space normalmap into tangent space before converting to the pbr map.

Edited by baduk