Eat the Flesh

daventry

I played along but I felt uneasy and left the place as fast as I could.

I was very surprised to see the general shopkeeper among the flesh-eaters. She probably ate her husband which she pretends to mourn. I'm not going into her shop again, ever.

Just dont buy any of her meat pies......

I stopped at the point she asked me to lead the priest to her. The only lingering impact, I can see, is that the quest remains in my log.

I thought maybe I got the quest because I looted human flesh somewhere and ate it to discover the alchemy benefit.

Sounds like its just a standard old quest.

Might as well finish the quest, if your anything like me, I can't stand having unfinished, or unstarted quests in my log, you may become a flesh eater, but at least you get a cool ring...

The game doesn't force you to participate in cannibalism, unless you want to get all the achievements. But achievements are not character specific so you do not have to do everything with one character to gain them. Furthermore, there are some glitchy ways you can still gain 15 daedric artifacts even without doing the cannibal bit - although it does require some wheeling and dealing, and you have to do at least some "evil" acts.

The way I dealt with it, was that I did all those daedric quests cautiously (after all, when one is dealing with daedra, one can expect things to turn foul at some point, so it's prudent to be cautious) and if the quest had tasks that I could not see my character perform, I left them for later. Then, when I had done all the quests that did not require me to do anything unsavory - relatively speaking that is - I did all the gruesome quests in quick succession. After having gained the Oblivion Walker achievement, I just reverted to an earlier save and did the quests again, but this time refusing to do the dastardly deeds.

Well, all except Boethia's - that one I skipped. Couldn't figure out a way to get rid of that quest without doing the questionable stuff, so I just chose to ignore it.

As for the cannibals: I went along with the quest up to the point where you are supposed to kill the priest. My take on it was that my character was playing along to find out all the members of the coven. Once they had revealed themselves, I just killed everyone one of them. The quest of course "fails" then - but it gets resolved, in other words, it's removed from you active list. To me at least, it's just as good as "successfully" completing the quest.

Mental note: burn Markarth to the ground. That place is just cursed.

burn it to the ground? the city is sculpted out of solid stone! the only way to destroy it would be to cause an avalanche, or pull an LOTR and blow it up with explosives from sauraman.

• 4 weeks later...

So am I the only one who thought this quest was neat? I know my character is morally questionable at best, but I still felt a little uneasy while doing it. But that's what I like about it, it's a nice break from the majority of quests forcing you down the heroic path one way or another. Even if you're given a choice between a good and a bad choice, like in Mehrunes Dagon's quest, the "bad" choice doesn't feel too bad. In that example, I had a hard time seeing killing that guy as a non-heroic choice because the guy was not exactly a saint either.

Besides, Namira's one of the worst Daedra in that aspect, right up there with Boethiah.

I saved the guy from Dagon and he escaped with the Shards, now he just sits in the corner at home having the Shock of his life. :P

The Boethiah one is so bugged up, i had to get me a Companion from Windhelm sitting at the the Inn, then i Sacrificed him and Killed the other Worshipers, the Only way for the Quest to work instead of repeatedly hearing "Ugh wearing Flesh is so distasteful" Besides, theres no Forcing here like Namira, just Kill the Worshipers and get the Armor. ;)

Molag Bal should be the Worst, there you are Forced to kill the guy for him and then you get his Club.