PALADIN

jackichan101

Maybe you should just make a new race that is this big and allow it to be paladin, warrior or anything, rather than specifically for paladin. maybe make it more suited for paladins though, personally i do not see paladins as being huge and full of muscle like a brute, but more skilled and precise, i do like the idea of the race though, you could also make some items and maybe side quest chain of a paladin order, similar to the companions, maybe more about worship and about the divines and healing. just a suggestion.

well, i dont know much about modding, but if u want a large character u could try using the script command: player.setscale x.x

(where 0.1 is the size of a mouse, 1.0 is average man size and 9.9 is SUPERHUGE!! i think 1.2 or 1.3 is a good paladin size)

god luck:)

Don't really see why a Paladin would need to be a different size or race when their defining traits is acting as a defensive class that uses a shield, one-handed weapon and defensive-inclined magic. (Such as Restoration or Alteration) As of now, the closest you'll get to playing a Paladin on vanilla Skyrim is by investing talents into Blocking, One-Handed, Heavy Armor, Restoration and Alteration.

A mod suitable for Paladins could be something to improve Turn-based spells, make Restoration enchants for weapons and shields (such as attacks restoring health/fatigue as opposed to the current absorb health/fatigue from Destruction), white/golden/silver heavy armor, etc. Improving the Restoration and Alteration schools in some way could also indirectly benefit a Paladin play style.

I like the sound of a paladin character, but i think instead of the annoyance of switching to restoration from a weapon and shield to heal, which means leaving yourself vulnerable and since you need to heal, makes the enemy every tough, strong etc, so i am suggesting that you somehow make this paladin idea into a new race that has a trait like the imperial chance to get more gold, but to make it that a chance with each attack to heal you for like 25% of the damage done.

Some ideas:

Instead of a new race, you could introduce NPC's in every temple that recruit you into the Paladin's Guild, and teach you a new kind of "holy magic" that functions just like the dragon shouts - that way you wouldn't have to drop your shield in order to activate them, and anybody could become a paladin. Maybe joining this temple adds new perk trees that allow you to develop your paladin abilities, or maybe you get new powers by completing special holy quests. You could even have these abilities taken away by the gods if your character doesn't live up to the strict Paladin's Code - no stealing of any kind, no murder, must donate 75% of your gold to the temple, must remain unmarried, etc.

It all depends on how flexible the creation kit turns out to be, but I think that'd be rad to see.

Edit: Another idea - a holy symbol that the player could equip with one hand that repels undead! BEGONE!

Edited by PeteSaber

You can play a paladin in skyrim all a paladin is just an class not a race witch using healing spells, fears, onehanded weapons, heavy armor and stealth they are also a good base character so no dark brother hood and do not lie or steal.